Sunday, February 13, 2011

Paper Players Color Challenge 34

Happy Sunday, peeps!  Today Jaydee is hosting our Paper Players challenge, and she has chosen a color challenge:

Challenge 34

I love these colors!  But they feel fall-ish and I didn’t want to do fall!  Then I remembered I had wanted to make one of those “ruffle” cards….you know, with the scalloped DP made to look like ruffles.  So here we go:

PP34

It’s pretty clean & simple; it didn’t take too long, although had I owned a big scallop border punch or die, it would have taken less time, I’m sure.  I used a 1 3/8” circle punch and punched circles of Cherry Cobbler and Cajun Craze Patterns DP, then layered the pieces along my card to make it look like big scallops!!!  The flourish & sentiment are both from Friends 24-7.  I just received a pretty card using this set, which reminded me it hadn’t been inked up for a while! (Thanks, Cheryl!)   Hope you can play along with us; just check out the Paper Players blog for all the details and the other samples! 

  • Stamps:  Friends 24-7
  • Paper:  Cherry Cobbler,  WW Textured, Crumb Cake, Cherry Cobbler & Cajun Craze Patterns DP
  • Ink:  Crumb Cake, Cajun Craze
  • Acc:  Nestie, Bakers Twine, Scallop Ribbon Border Punch, 1 3/8” Circle Punch

15 comments:

Ros said...

Gorgeous gorgeous creation!! Love this and the ink is such a beautiful colour ... may have to get one of those!

Elise said...

Okay. This card just MADE ME SCREAM! It's purrrrrrrrfect! You're such a stunning stamper!

Elaine M said...

What a great idea for doing ruffles - I'm going to give that a try. Think the Friends 24-7 is a lovely set and your card is wonderful.

Cheryl M. said...

ooh! Love what you did with that stamp set, so simple and so stunning! And the sentiment really is so true. It is what stamping is really about, it is a description of the stamper's heart.

Ann Schach said...

Beautiful, LeAnne! Very classy! I love how you incorporated the challenge colors!

None None said...

Beautiful card, LeAnne! I love the scalloped ruffles. What a great take on the color combo - it looks so fresh and not at all fall-like.

jaydee said...

LeAnne, I was gobsmacked when I saw your card. What an amazing way the celebrate this lush colors. Everything is perfect, down to the bakers twine knot in white and crumb cake. Absolute card perfection.
Jaydee

Nance Leedy said...

Gorgeous use of this week's colors LeAnne! I love the circle scallops--what a cool way to feature cherry & cajun! Love all the white space and the damask image is fab in crumb cake! LOVE it!

Kerin said...

Oh LeAnne I love the ruffles!! I am definitely going to have to give this a try!! You rock!

Juanita said...

Nice work with that color challenge.

Anne Marie Hile said...

LeAnne, this is gorgeous! I'm lovin' the ruffles and how you showcased this set. I actually haven't used mine in a while either. You really made those colors shine! :)

Anonymous said...

Love your "scallop" Border! Great job at this weeks challenge colors!

Andrea M said...

Beautiful LeAnne! Love those scallops!!

Tammy Hershberger said...

It's beautiful, LeAnne! I like the eyelet-like strip across the middle too with the Divine Twine!

Lesley said...

Stunning card LeAnne...love how you used the colours! The scallops are cool!