Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Color Throwdown 127

Hello everyone!  It’s Wednesday and time for another Color Throwdown, this time brought to you by our creative hostess, Kristin!  Here are our colors:

 swatch 127

Remember we would love to have you play along even if you don’t have the exact colors; you can find all the details on the CTD blog!

I seem to be stuck on square cards these days!  And vintage!  But I just couldn’t help myself when I saw Kristin’s pretty MTME papers……..they just whispered “shabby” and “vintage” to me, so that’s the way I went.  I used the square Mojo Monday sketch #176:

Mojo176Sketch

to make this:

CTD127 LeAnne

I had bought this squiggly satin trim at a yard sale for 10 cents and was just waiting for the right moment to use it…finally!  It was the perfect embellishment for the sketch.  I stamped images from Nature Walk on the striped paper; made a little “grapevine” wreath from hemp twine (thanks, Erica, for that idea!) and embellished it with miniature vintage postcards, lace, old buttons from my stash, some ribbon and pearls.  I stamped the sentiment from Artistic Etchings on a scrap of Crumb Cake that already had Medallion stamped on it and punched it out with a small oval punch.  Really, the whole thing did not take as long as I thought it would and my trusty little hot glue gun made short work of the assembly!  It is quite a dimensional card, though---I will need a padded envelope for this one!

DSCF6434-1

DSCF6435

This also qualifies for the C4C72 challenge—shabby chic!  Thanks for visiting today—be sure to link your creation to the CTD blog so we can see it too!  And here are the other designers—please check them out and give them some love!

26 comments:

Brenda Dean said...

Great card. Love the vintage feel to it!

Laura Pryor said...

I don't even know where to begin. I love every single detail. It's amazing!!! AMAZING!!! I'm drooling!

Lisa Kind said...

Oh my this is pretty! I love how versatile you are with your designs! I love the mini postcards...gives me an idea! Very pretty card, LeAnne!

Doris said...

Gorgeous, LeAnne! Love the colors you chose, too.

Linda said...

Oh Yea I love these colors. Your card is wonderful. I was looking a some of my neglected stamps yesterday and said I want to make a vintage card. Thanks for the great idea.
Your card is sooooo coool. Now I am out to snow plow 9 inch of snow.:(

Juanita said...

What a smorgasboard of goodness on this card!
There is so much to look at and so many fine details, it never seems to end {but sure doesn't look busy}

dpkennedy said...

What can I say that I haven't already? I am madly in love with this card! Truly, madly, deeply, lol!!!

Barbara said...

You already know I love this, gf! Just totally perfect in every way!

OriBella said...

Piękna kartka!!!Beautiful card!

Michelle-Jersey Girl said...

I loooooovvve this card! All the elements are great! Too, too beautiful!

Krystal De Leeuw said...

Gorgeous Leanne!!! Love this shabby style. So many pretty things to see and touch. Great colors this week at the CTD. I hope I can play along.

Broni said...

Your card is simply stunning, LeAnne! I love the "grapevine" wreath and those adorable little postcards! Everything about it is fabulous!

Carol L said...

What a stunning card my friend! I love it all!

Tammy Hershberger said...

Well, you already know I LOOOOVE this card, but I'm just here telling you again!! You're amazing, lady! This is FAAABULOUS!

Nancy Thomas said...

I love those mini post cards - beautiful and oh so vintage card.

~Erica~ said...

Awww... Thanks Leanne! I love yours so much better than mine! This card is drop dead gorgeous!!!

Denise Marzec said...

Oh I LOOOOVE that wreath and the pretty trim! FANTASTIC-looking card, LeAnne!

Kristin Eberline said...

I know I already went ga-ga via email about this card, but I have to tell you again this is AMAZING! You made my paper look spectactular and I LOVE all of the shabby chic details that fit so perfectly. That grapevine wreath is the perfect embellishment atop your stamped bird and cage! How clever. Love that satin trim also...totally perfect for the sketch! I didn't even realize the post cards were from my paper at first...BEAUTIFUL addition! I just cannot pull off shabby, but you sure make me want to CASE this card and give it go! Thanks for using my paper...you made it sing!!!

Kim said...

The shabby chic-iest!! WOW, gorgeous details LeAnne! Love the twine wreath

Andrea M said...

WOW LeAnne! Jaw-dropping - seriously! Great job!

Joan Ervin said...

This is a shabby masterpiece, LeAnne....you rocked the challenge colors with all the gorgeous details....WOW!!!! I sooo love the mini postcards and how cool to use the wreath!!!!

Unknown said...

I LOVE this LeAnne, just so gorgeous, natural, and elegant. I am crazy about the colors this week, I will try to get to them. Have a great day! :) **hugs**

Denise Willerton said...

I absolutely LOVE this card LeAnne ~ I'm definitely drawn to shabby chic & vintage, but haven't quite mastered or feel comfortable with it yet, but Love the look ~ great card!

Linda Callahan said...

Two words: Absolutely Fabulous!

Cathy Rulli said...

Amazing LeAnne!

Julie Marshall said...

Those mini postcards are just adorable!