Saturday, February 5, 2011

Pals Paper Arts 79 & JUGS70

DSCF6472

After a good night’s sleep my eyes are much better, and I thank all of those who commented yesterday!  I did have a little time to stamp, so I created a valentine card using the Pals Paper Arts color challenge 79:

PPA79

I used the heart from the Always set, along with a few other images and punches, to make a cluster of hearts and flowers for my card:

DSCF6473

The Very Vanilla background was embossed with the Elegant Lines EF and cut into three panels…it was then mounted on a piece of Rich Razzleberry  Patterns DP.   I left off the sentiment as I didn’t want to hide any of that lovely embossing!

Here’s a closeup:

DSCF6474

I added some pearls and VV seam binding for a simple finish!  Edited to add:  this also qualifies for the JUGS Sketch Challenge 70, shown here, which I turned topsy-turvey:

jugs70 sketch

Thanks for visiting today!

  • Stamps:  Always, Punch Potpourri, I {heart} Hearts
  • Paper:  Certainly Celery, Rich Razzleberry, Riding Hood Red, Very Vanilla, RR Patterns DP
  • Ink:  Rich Razzleberry, Certainly Celery, Riding Hood Red
  • Acc:  Elegant Lines EF, 3-Heart Punch, Small Heart Punch, Itty Bitty Punch Pack (flower punch), VV Seam Binding, Pearls, Sponge Dauber, Dimensionals

DSCF6483

17 comments:

Michelle-Jersey Girl said...

Cassidy is getting cuter and cuter. I want to eat her up!

Andrea M said...

Oh how pretty LeAnne! Love the colors *swoon*

Jeanette said...

What a beautiful card. I love the colors. I'm glad you are feeling better.

None None said...

Beautiful! I love the layout and the embossed background. You rocked the color challenge, LeAnne! I love the VV seam binding - it adds the perfect final touch.

Nance Leedy said...

I ran for the hills when I saw these PPA colors but you've hit them out of the park! Love the embossed panel cut into 3 and your cluster of hearts is just gorgeous! Glad you're having a better day today! {hugs}

Andrea M said...

Me again :) Forgot to thank you for playing along with JUGS! So glad to have your gorgeous creations in our challenges!!!!

Linda Callahan said...

Beautiful job with these colors! Love how the cluster of little hearts looks like a cluster of flowers! And even Cassidy is wearing some flowers for the occasion!

Cindy Beach said...

I just love this, Leanne! Great take on the colors, I love your collage look of such pretty elements

Linda said...

Look at Cassidy just sitting there while Grandma takes pictures. She is so sweet.
Your card is so pretty. I love the cluster of flowers and hearts.

Carol L said...

Glad you're feeling better now! I've had a headache for the better part of the week and it really is a strain on the eyes! Speaking of eyes, TFS the Cassidy eye candy along with your pretty card :)

Melody said...

Love your card!! The colors, the LO....just everything! TFS

Kathryn B said...

Very nice job with the layering Leanne! Like your colors and how you flipped the sketch!

Thanks so much for getting sketchy with JUGS this week!

Arielle H Gordon said...

I can't believe you made such a beautiful card with these colors - lol! Gosh, Cassidy is getting SO SO BIG!!! Thanks for the little package - can't wait to use the seam binding - I've been curious! Will definitely place an order when the tax money rolls in in a couple weeks, heehee!

AKiteFlier said...

GOrgeous embossing folder - perfect accent for your topsy-turvey take on the sketch. I like it turned upside down - well done girl!!! ANd a Q-T-Pie of a grandchild too. Thanks for playing along with JUGS this week - we appreciate your Having fun with our sketch!

dpkennedy said...

That baby gets cuter everyday, I swear! Love your card...the layered hearts and embossing with the pearls is so pretty!

Dana Gustafson said...

Oh my! loving the cream and white with just a bit o color pop! Thanks so much for playing with Just Us Girls this week!

Elise said...

You, know... LeAnne. I think you are kind of cheating when you put THAT much sugar in a post....

Hee Hee OH, the BABY is cute, too!

Ack, ack, ack, ack! {Sorry - that never gets old!} May I just say that your use of this FABULOUS sketch has me SPRINTING for "Scrapland!" so I can make ANOTHER! Great job, dear one! You know how I love your work! xoxoxo!