Wednesday, February 9, 2011

More Hearts!

DSCF6510-1

There are heart challenges abounding out there in blogland, so I am sure this qualifies for some of them, but for the time being, I am just highlighting Stampin' Royalty’s Challenge 58, Hearts, Hearts & More Hearts!

At my downline meeting, I made these little tags for the gifts I gave the new recruits and their uplines:

DSCF6509

Really easy, big hearts diecut from the Red Glimmer paper, then a little additional Modern Label tag using All Holidays and Things I Love.  Of course, after doing the heart diecuts, I had leftover scraps, so I made this big honkin’ card:

DSCF6510

This is about 5” square; the three Glimmer Paper negative pieces are backed with Love Letter DP; the fourth is a Very Vanilla panel stamped with a sentiment from Define Your Life; I punched out a few more hearts from the scraps and added them here & there!  I seem to be gravitating to this square layout quite often lately….I think I’d better look for some sketches for new inspiration!

DSCF6512

Thanks for visiting today!

  • Stamps:  Define Your Life
  • Paper:  Basic Black, Red Glimmer, VV, Love Letter DP
  • Ink: Stazon
  • Acc:  Hearts Die (SU); Narrow Grosgrain Ribbon, Spiral Punch, Small Heart Punch, Dimensionals

16 comments:

None None said...

Super cute - I love the card you made with the negatives from the hearts. Gorgeous!

Denise Marzec said...

Oh I'm lovin' that red glimmer paper. The tag is adorable....I need to CASE it and make something similar.

Patti J said...

Very cute!!! That glimmer paper is quite fabulous, as is that gorgeous card!

Laura Pryor said...

This is really so great! My mom asked me for a home decor item for Valentine's Day and this gives me LOTS of great ideas! Thanks for the inspiration!!

ChristineCreations said...

Aw, what a sweet little gift...and what a super sweet card. I love your use of all those hearts and that pretty paper!

Bev J. said...

What a neat card that made! Pretty!

Elaine M said...

Grab one of the baby's diapers, I just drooled all over this card!!

Linda said...

Oh my goodness this is cute. Your ladies are so lucky to have you. I love this card and the CTD card.
I took your advice and went shopping. First I got a call that the SU stuff I ordered was ready to be picked up. Then I went to get a new bathing suite. I ended up with two. Last stop was the scrapbook store. I did good because I had gift cards. So it was fun. Now tomorrow it is cards, cards, cards. LOL

Andrea M said...

Love the negative die cuts of the hearts!!! WOW!!!

Lisa Kind said...

What an adorable card! Great use of the negative pieces!

Nance Leedy said...

Love the use of the negative scraps! Way to repurpose! Can't let any of that fabulous glimmer paper go to waste! :-)

Jenn Picard said...

Wow Leanne,this card is amazing! I love how you used the negative pieces of the die cuts and turned them into beautiful focal points on the card. Your work is always stunning :) Thanks for joining us this week at Stampin' Royalty

lisa808 said...

Darling tags.

Hands On said...

Cool Valentine. i am lovin' the Love Letter DSP this "lovin'" season. so glad you played with us this week @ Stampin' Royalty.

savvy teaching tips said...

Awesome card LeAnne. Thanks for joining us this week.

Meilani Z. Smith said...

I absolutely love your card. I may have to case it. My husband doesn't come back until Thursday so I still have time to make it. Thanks for sharing with us Stampin' Royalty.