Sunday, February 27, 2011

Paper Players Challenge 36

DSCF6485

Happy Sunday to everyone!  I am back from my blogging vacation and ready to share my Paper Players Challenge 36 project with you.  This week, Nance is our host and she has chosen “Fun with Fabric” as her theme! 

Challenge 36

What a great challenge!  SU has some really pretty fabric right now---and I made a really, really easy project using a baby food jar that I had in my stash!  This makes a great hostess gift when you fill it with some buttons, brads, ribbon or a little incentive stamp:

DSCF6708

I took a piece of Springtime Vintage fabric and cut a circle using my pinking shears, then used Sticky Strip to attach it to the edge of the jar lid, pleating it as I went around.  Then I tied on some narrow black grosgrain ribbon.  I cut a felt flower with the Fun Flower diecut, added a “leaf” of Baja Breeze seam binding and a button center accented with a pearl.  EASY!!! 

DSCF6709

The Paper Players can’t wait to see what you come up with!  Use some fabric or fabric-related images to make your creation and share it with us over at the Paper Players blog

  • Stamps:  none
  • Paper:  none
  • Ink:  none
  • Acc:  Springtime Vintage fabric, felt, Fun Flowers diecut, Basic Black narrow grosgrain ribbon, Baja Breeze seam binding, Subtles button, pearl, Sticky Strip

14 comments:

Ann Schach said...

What an adorable idea! I can totally see it as a hostess gift! How cool would that be! Thank you for sharing your talent and your creativity!

Kerin said...

I love it! I'm definitely going to have to ask my sister to keep her baby food jars for me now ;) Thanks for sharing your fabulous idea LeeAnn!!

Denise Willerton said...

so nice to see you back LeAnne ~ hope you had a wonderful 'blog rest' ~ love the bottom on top of the flower ~ enjoy your day ~

Linda Callahan said...

What a sweet topped jar! Looks like it's wearing a wonderful wide brimmed hat :) This is a great challenge!

Andrea M said...

So pretty LeAnne! What a fabulous jar topper!

Linda said...

Welcome back I missed you! Your jar is very pretty. I made some like this and put some fiber fill under the cloth so I could stick pins in it. My great aunts use to put something else that would sharpen the pins in their pin cushions. We used it on my sons soap box cars but I can't think of what it is. Oh well Welcome home!

Lesley said...

Great idea LeAnne! I love it! That fabric is shouting to me...I need to try it!!
L

Juanita said...

What a great way to repurpose a jar and make it a super sweet gift.

Nance Leedy said...

Such a great project LeAnne and a great way to feature fabric! Love the idea of attaching fabric to a baby jar lid--so clever! Love it and glad to have you back with us!

Cheryl said...

Sew glad you're back! Thank you for sharing your lovely jar and swaps!

Elise said...

Ooooowwwwweeeee, LeAnne! The blog is a MUCH brighter place when you're playing! {Just sos ya know!} hee hee

THIS is smashing and delightful!

Carol L said...

WB to the world of blogging! It's great to see you again! This little gift jar is just too cute! A perfect storage solution for all those tiny buttons!
See you next weekend :)

Chris Olsen, Glowbug said...

What a gorgeous gift idea! I love your flower on the top! Great use of the jar!! Welcome back to blogging!

Tammy Hershberger said...

This is darling, LeAnne! What a cute idea!