Friday, February 11, 2011

Mojo177 & PPA80

DSCF6626

“I love it when a plan comes together.”  Hannibal Smith, the A-Team

Yes, and I love it when a plan comes together too!  I really did not think I could pull off the Mojo 177 Sketch:

Mojo177Sketch

but I gave it a shot on this card that has almost NO stamping on it….just a little tiny bit!  The Pals Paper Arts Challenge 80 was “Those Were The Days”….take a peek at their inspiration photo:

PPA80

The photo reminded me of growing up in the 50s, so I went running for my “Dick and Jane” reader I got at a yard sale and found a cute picture to complement the  Cosmo Cricket Material Girl DP I had in mind:

DSCF6623

This so reminds me of patterns that my mom used to have;  who even had a figure like that?  Certainly not anyone in my family!!  LOL!!  And my MIL still wore hats like this every Sunday---at her funeral, everyone referred to her as “the hat lady”!!   For embellishments, I found a couple matching buttons, stamped a sentiment from CHF’s Sew Suite and added some SU pompom trim.

DSCF6625

DSCF6623

DSCF6627

And the inside:

DSCF6628 

Another image and sentiment from the CHF set, along with a birthday sentiment from PTI…..thanks for visiting today!

  • Stamps:  Sew Suite, CHF; Vintage Picnic Basket, PTI
  • Paper:  Confetti Cream, So Saffron, So Saffron, Cosmo Cricket Material Girl DP
  • Ink:  Wild Wasabi, So Saffron
  • Acc:  Pompoms, Nesties, So Many Tags Diecut, Floss, Buttons, Dimensionals

25 comments:

Cindy Beach said...

This is fabulous! You captured the 50's perfectly. I LOVE the colors and your perfect embellishments. Great take with the sketch too.

Denise Marzec said...

Love it, LeAnne! Great job with the sketch!

Pattie S said...

You've WoW'd us once again!
/p

Kim H. said...

I love this card!!! It is completely 1950's and gorgeous!

Denise Willerton said...

wow! Love this LeAnne. The colors and what you've done with the button ~ fabulous! I've been wanting to do this sketch ~ we'll see if I have time later today! Have wonderful weekend!

Bev J. said...

Love the Dick and Jane image. Great card all around!!

Handmade Cards by Archana said...

wow..wow..wow...this is so fabulous!

Messy said...

I love EVERYTHING about this card! Great job!

Linda Callahan said...

Love this peek into the past! Amazing how so many of us learned to read with Dick and Jane - and then we had to work in our "Think and Do" workbooks that went along with them. Yep I'm old! Fabulous card!

lisa808 said...

Great colors and image. Love the pom-pom trim.

Nelia said...

How fun! Great use of the sketch and love the image.

Teresa said...

Fantastic card, love the colours and the 'oldie' feel to it, (and I mean that nicely) fab sentiment too. Teresa xx

Carol L said...

I'd say you absolutely nailed these challenges with this great card! I just love vintage images!!

Anonymous said...

Your card is just gorgeous! Looks a lot better than any Hallmark card!! The colors are awesome and it looks so spring like. Thanks for sharing this with me.

Joan
MN

Ann Schach said...

Oh, wow! It doesn't get any better than this!

Andrea M said...

Wow! Love the green and yellow and the vintage image is perfect!

Caryl P said...

Who wouldn't love a card whose post begins with a quote from the A-Team? haha, this card is amazing LeAnne. I love the colors and Material girl is a perfect sentiment. Thanks for showing all the detail shots!

Juanita said...

This is such a cute and wonderful card. I love how you found an old book that matched the DSP you were using.

Nance Leedy said...

This is "sew" fun LeAnne! Love the colors, love that image and I ADORE your use of the pompom trim especially around the button--FAB!

Tammy Hershberger said...

OMGosh, that image is PERFECT with those Cosmo papers! I love this card, LeAnne!

Julee (Vervegirl) said...

Just fabulous! That image totally took me back to my first days of reading! Love what you did with these papers!

Kristin Eberline said...

I LOVE this card, LeAnne! The image you chose goes perfectly with the cosmo paper! I also love that you used gingham that kind of goes with the time period (IMO). How great does it feel when you start out with the intent to finish a difficult sketch thinking there's NO WAY you're going to do it, only to find out that you not only pulled through, you WON THE MOJO CHALLENGE?! WOOT WOOT!! How rewarding :] Can't wait to see what stamp set you select!!! Congratulations, girlie!

Susie said...

I love retro and this one is the bomb-digity! I do remember the hat and glove days {smiling}. The paper, color and design really did come together - hats off!!

Doris said...

It sure did pay off--YOU ARE ONE OF THE WINNERS! CONGRATS!!

Cindy Major said...

Wow, this card is really amazing! Everything came together SO nicely - the colours, the design, the pompom trim, the vintage image, the fun sentiment... LOVE it!

TFS, and congrats on your win!
Cindy