Sunday, February 6, 2011

Paper Players 33

DSCF6501

Happy Sunday to everyone!  First, I want to announce the winner of my Paper Players blog candy!  Random.org chose #26, which is Princess Lisa!  Congratulations!  And thanks to EVERYONE who participated!!!  It was an awesome blog hop!

Now on to the challenge!  Today, our hostess is Ann and she has chosen a LOVE theme!!  Love is in the Air!

Challenge 33

I really struggled with photographing this project, and I still don’t think I have captured its “prettiness”!   I wanted to do a horizontal “LOVE” banner, but I don’t have any large alphabet dies, so I thought I would do a little vertical “love” banner with the Lovely Letters alphabet set:

PP33-new

Here’s a closer picture; it just looks washed out, it’s really a nice deep hue:

DSCF6499-1I hung it on a wreath in my kitchen, but it would look sweet anywhere!  I didn’t put a lot of embellishments on it, but I could see where you could go crazy with all kinds of goodies!  Maybe I’ll do another one again!  This time I topped it with two felt flowers from the Fun Flowers die, a button and antique brad, all atop a bow made from some Very Vanilla seam binding. 

DSCF6500

The backing squares are Regal Rose and Crumb Cake; the Very Vanilla scallops were cut with the Scallop Squares Duo die; and the DP is Springtime Vintage.  The letters were stamped in Soft Suede and overstamped with the medallion image from Artistic Etchings in Crumb Cake.  Everything was sponged with Soft Suede for a vintage look.  The ribbon & lace were layered underneath.  I really enjoyed making this project!

Now let’s see what “love-themed” creation you can come up with!  You can see all the designers’ creations at the Paper Players blog!  As well, you can see all the winners of last week’s Blog Hop, too!  Hope you were one of the lucky ones!

  • Stamps:  Lovely Letters, Artistic Etchings, Style Beautifiul
  • Paper:  VV, Regal Rose, Crumb Cake, Springtime Vintage DP
  • Ink:  Soft Suede, Crumb Cake
  • Acc:  Scallop Squares Duo  Diecut, Striped Grosgrain Ribbon, Victoria Crochet Trim, VV Seam Binding, Subtles Button, Antique Brad, felt, dimensionals, daubers

22 comments:

Michelle-Jersey Girl said...

I LOVE this project. Beautiful job as usual! Evan that wreath is gorgeous!

Pattie S said...

Wow! Love, Love, Love it!!!
/p

Denise Willerton said...

this is adorable LeAnne Love the berry wreath, and your banner is great ~ TFS ~ I'm hoping to have a day of play today, just might be CASing this! Happy Sunday & Super Bowl!

Kim H. said...

I love your wreath! What a beautiful add on to it and the warmth of the LOVE shines through - even over the computer! I love it!!

Linda said...

OMG This is amazing. Stamped over does that mean you stamped the letter then the background? I thought that the l was stamped on DP. I really need to spend a day with you learning all these wonderful things. I love this wreath. It really is right up my alley.

lisa808 said...

Thank you!!!

Very pretty banner. I have always liked the Lovely Letters alphabet set.

penniem said...

I love this LeAnne, but then I guess I just love everything you come up with! You are very inspiring!

Krystal De Leeuw said...

LeAnne this is fabulous!! Love all your layers. The felt flowers with the brad and ribbon are my favorite part. Thanks for the wonderful inspiration!!!

Bev J. said...

I love how clean and pretty it looks with that particular wreath-just enough! Very pretty!

What kind and where do you get your felt? I have been thinking of getting some from PTI as I see several use it on their blogs. What I have doesn't cut cleanly.

Thanks.

Andrea M said...

*thud* OMG - this is SO BEAUTIFUL!!! Gorgeous LeAnne - one of my favs!!!

Kerin said...

Oh my LeAnne this is beautiful!! You really knocked it out of the park on this challenge!

Elaine M said...

It's just lovely! Don't think "washed out" - think "soft"! You did a wonderful job

Juanita said...

This is just so beautiful! I love the vintage/elegant look you have created.

JoAnn said...

Great project and beautiful too. TFS

dpkennedy said...

Oh LeAnne, this is beautiful!

Sue said...

It is totally gorgeous in person.

Nance Leedy said...

Gorgeous as always, LeAnne! So glad you gave us a close-up. Your layering and overstamping is just beautiful and each element adds so much to the beautiful end result!

Jetstudio Designs said...

Great project. I really like how it looks on your wreath. You are so creative.

Zhenya and Nika Aksutin said...

Dear LeAnne Hello! I miss you and blogland... We have your gifts here in Russia!!!! Thank you very much!!!!But I am not good now, I wait a baby and fill mysalf not goot.
With love from Russia Nika

Ann Schach said...

This is beautiful, LeAnne! I love the choice of colors and DSP! Very "romantic"!

jaydee said...

LeAnne, gorgeous! What a fabulous project. It's soft without being feminine. Just LOVE IT!
thanks for inspiring us
hugs
jaydee

joy said...

Beautiful and creative project.......LOVE IT!!