Friday, December 26, 2008

Stamp Simply #67

DSCF2693

Happy Day after Christmas!  I hope & pray that everyone had a safe, happy, healthy Christmas!  Our celebrations continue today and tomorrow as more family arrives, and we do some traveling ourselves to visit.  So I don't know how much stamping you'll see from me in the next few days! 

But today is Friday, and that means the Stamp Simply Challenge from Sharon at No Time To Stamp?. Today's challenge is to use something new you received for Christmas!  Maybe it was a new tool, paper, stamps, whatever, incorporate it into your creation and share it with us!  The keyword  is ssnotime67.  You can play this challenge, then upload your project to your blog or an online gallery, and be sure to link it to Sharon's blog so we can all see it!  And don't forget to tell us what new item you're using!

DSCF2692

My new item on this card is some Basic Grey paper I got--which I just love!! Urban Prairie has some of the prettiest patterns in the nicest colors--I think I am going to be going through this pad quickly!  I just matted the two panels on cardstock for some extra punch, and then adhered my glittery heart.  I stamped it with Versamark, then sprinkled it with Heat & Stick powder, heating it only until it just turned glossy.  Then I sprinkled on some MS glitter and reheated it just for a second to set.  My sentiment was punched out with the Word Window punch and I added a little matching bling, and I am on my way to making my Valentine cards!

Check out what the other Stamp Simply girls have done (their blogs will be updated periodically, so check back if you don't see the latest creation!): Julie, Janine, Jennifer, Tammy, Dee, Becky, and AJ.  And remember, you can see everyone's creations by checking back to Sharon's blog!  Have fun!

  • Stamps:  Best Wishes & More, Essential Sentiments, MFT
  • Paper:  WW, Basic Black, Regal Rose, Basic Grey Urban Prairie
  • Ink:  Palette Noir, Versamark
  • Acc:  Heat & Stick Powder, Heat Tool, MS Glitter, Word Window Punch, Rhinestone, Dimensionals

14 comments:

Anonymous said...

LeAnne, CHRISTMAS IS OVER. Now, hopefully, my seasonal depression will lift and I CAN STAMP AGAIN! But tell me: WHY do my cards never look as crisp and PERFECT like yours?

Tracey said...

Gorgeous card!!

Julie Koerber said...

OOooooOOOO! Love the sparkle you've got going on here! :-)

Barbara said...

Precious card, LeAnne!! Love the sparkle!!

Elaine M said...

Hey LeAnne - Happy Day After Christmas!!! Just love love love Basic Grey Urban Prairie paper. There are a few sheets that I'd like to have a big stack of. Wonder if we could drop some hits at Basic Grey - hmmmm
Have fun with your family and I'll catch up with you later
Hugs - Elaine M

Janine said...

Just lovely LeAnne!!! Glad you are having a wonderful Christmas

Juanita said...

I did not receive one crafty sort of gift this year at all. What gives? They must not take me seriously.

Никушка said...

mY DEAR SISTER! hOW ARE YOU? I pray for you and your family! I hope you hade happy Christmas! We too hade a good Christmas day!Our Lord is very good!!!

Jetstudio Designs said...

LeAnne, very pretty card. I like the heart and also the DP that you used that is great!

This was a fun challenge..I put mine on SCS. Have a great weeken.

Renee said...

OMG I love this! I love all the busy paper and your accent! Great card!

Anonymous said...

This is beautiful, LeAnne! I love that Basic Grey paper and your sparkles! Nice job!!

Happy Holidays, my friend!

Kimberly Crawford said...

Beautiful! LOVE the heart! I too love those papers!! :)

Lisa Kind said...

This is so pretty! I have to check if I have that paper! I tend to buy, put away and forget! Great Valentine card!

Anonymous said...

I LOVE this card!! Simply beautiful.