Monday, December 29, 2008

Mass Producing

I needed some quick cards in a hurry, so I did some mass producing today. The NMBS blog, to which I have not posted anything for a long time, had a challenge to made thank you cards with a monogram. After I made these:

DSCF2788

DSCF2787

I realized I was using a retired alphabet set. Oh well!! I used some of the green from Holiday Treasures, and matched each of the ink colors with a scalloped mat and grosgrain ribbon trim. The sentiment is from Fresh Cuts.

  • Stamps: Letterpress Alphabet, Fresh Cuts
  • Paper: WW, Holiday Treasures
  • Ink: Apricot Appeal, Tempting Turquoise, Regal Rose, Pretty in Pink, Stazon Black
  • Acc: Grosgrain Ribbon, Large Oval Punch, Nesties, Dimensionals

I also needed some sympathy cards. As I was looking through my non-SU DP, I came across my BG Stella Ruby. The designs are so strong & vivid, yet with muted colors, that I let the floral pattern be the main image and just added a small sentiment and felt flower; the piece I cut off, I added on the inside of the card along with the sentiment:

DSCF2793

DSCF2789

DSCF2791

My photography just does not capture the beauty and deep colors of these papers!

DSCF2790 Here's how the inside looks with the scrap adhered. Just adds a little extra touch.

Thanks for visiting today!






  • Stamps: Here for You, Verve; God's Blessings
  • Paper: Old Olive, Mellow Moss, Always Artichoke, Chocolate Chip, So Saffron, Stella Ruby by BG
  • Ink: Chocolate Chip
  • Acc: Felt Fusion Too Flowers, Nesties, Rich Regal brads, Dimensionals

7 comments:

Barbara said...

LeAnne, these are all gorgeous--what a nice monogram set that is. And the Stella Ruby paper--I think that's one of the few BG papers I don't have. Now that I've seen these cards, I'll have to remedy that, LOL. You're right--the paper is all your need. Great job!!

Anonymous said...

Beautiful thank you cards LeAnne! Thanks so much for sharing your daughter's willow tree angel story on my blog - thank goodness they could make some light of such a trying situation.

Elaine M said...

The thank you cards are great BUT the sympathy card if just fantastic!! Love that paper!!

OK - I think you need to share your daughter's willow tree angel story with the rest of us.

Laura (scrapnextras) said...

These are all gorgeous! Love the monograms and the Stella Ruby paper is such a beautiful backdrop to you cards!

Juanita said...

Fabulous!

Jami said...

So many wonderful cards!! That floral paper is beautiful.
hugs, Jami

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.