Wednesday, December 17, 2008

Can You Stand.....

one more Christmas card?  I needed another card -- so used a set I hadn't used much this year, Season of Joy:

DSCF2652

I used non-traditional paper and colors, but I think the recipient will like it!

  • Stamps:  Season of Joy
  • Paper:  Sahara Sand, Very Vanilla, Always Artichoke, Baja Breeze, Manchester DP
  • Ink:  Always Artichoke, Baja Breeze
  • Acc:  3/4" Punch, Taffeta Ribbon, Glitter, Dimensionals

And how about a "green" card?  We received a flyer in the mail and the envelope had this cute snow scene, so I recycled it into a card I'll be using as a thank you. 

DSCF2655

The image from Whippersnapper's Snowman for Peace was stamped once on the flyer, then again on Whisper White, colored & cut out.  For the life of me, I have no idea why I colored his hat RED; a purple one would have matched much better!  Oh well!  Sentiment is from Winter Schminter, and the star is from Verve's Winter Wonder.  Some Dazzling Diamonds glitter made my snow scene shine & sparkle!

  • Stamps:  Snowman for Peace, Winter Schminter, Whippersnapper; Winter Wonder, Verve
  • Paper:  Whisper White, flyer from the mail
  • Ink:  Stazon Black, Riding Hood Red, Brocade Blue, White Craft
  • Acc:  Blender Pens, DD Glitter, Only Orange marker, White EP, Heat Tool

Make sure you stop back on Friday as I will be Sharon Johnson's Featured Stamper for her Stamp Simply Challenge on No Time to Stamp?!!!

16 comments:

Zhenya and Nika Aksutin said...

My dear sister LeAnne I send my Russian card to you, hope you will have it soon! With love from Russia Nika

Barbara said...

LeAnne, I love both of these cards, but especially the non-traditional color one. WTG recycling with the second one!

And, thank you for the cute card using that new paper :)

Kimberly Crawford said...

Fantastic!!
Love your tree too, crooked and all! :)

Anonymous said...

I WOULD PERSONALLY LOVE, CHERISH AND ADORE THAT CARD ON TOP. THOROUGHLY AND PERMANENTLY ADORE IT. LOVE IT AND CHERISH IT. SET IT ON MY MANTLE AND PRAY TO IT. ADORN IT WITH LIGHTS AND TAKE FAMILY PHOTOS AROUND IT, EVEN ON EASTER. I WOULD PERSONALLY PUT A CODICIL IN MY WILL ASKING TO BE BURIED WITH IT. . . . . GOT MY POINT?

Stacy said...

Both cards are fantastic. I love how you recycled an envelope. My mom is always giving me her old cards thinking I can recycle them, but I never seem to get to it. This gives the inspiration to give it a try.

Lisa Kind said...

What a great green idea! Cute card...red hat and all! Congrats on being the featured stamper on Sharon's blog! I'll be sure to look!

Jetstudio Designs said...

What great cards! I like them both, I do think the one on the top is my favorite!

Janine said...

Hi LeAnne.. Love the recycled card. It turned out beautifully!~

Tammy Hershberger said...

Very pretty on the first one... love the non-traditional colors! And super "green" card on the second! What a great idea!

LOL Word verification... pipack!

kellyjean said...

Leann! These are adorable! The tree card colors are so yummy!

Denise Marzec said...

Great cards!! Very clever to use the snowman for peace with that scene, and the one with the non-traditional colors is GORGEOUS!!

ChristineCreations said...

ooo love your colors on the first one LeeAnn...so soft and classy. Such a nice look for this set!

I have my cards done...but nothing sent...hopefully tonight!

Barbara Schram said...

I think the red hoat on your snowman makes it POP! LOVE it! Happy holidays, LeAnne, hope you are doing well!

Nancy Riley said...

LeAnne, these cards are fantastic!

I love the non-traditional colors of the first card, and couldn't help but notice the way you stamped the small poinsettia image directly onto the dp ... I never think of doing that and love the look!

Your recycled card is very clever!

Lynn said...

Beautiful cards! Especially love the Season of Joy card...looks perfect with the papers you used...liked how you stamped on the one piece of DP.

Juanita said...

I like the recycled card, so 'outisde the box'. I love the non-traditional colors to, I like these manly papers, but did not see Christmas cards with them.