Monday, December 8, 2008

A Plethora of Projects

I spent a good part of my morning stamping a few quick items.  It has been a lot of fun to see what the other Stamp Simply Celebrate designers have come up with, so I thought I would attempt some of the challenges and projects.  But first, tomorrow is my baby brother's birthday...I can still remember how excited my two sisters and I were when we heard we had a brother--this was way before ultrasounds!  He is still very special and of course, he knows it! 

Raymond & the big beer 1

I wanted to make a birthday card using Sharon's beautiful two-colored embossing technique shown here.  Now, mine is nowhere near as beautiful as hers (I said mine were quick!) but I think he will like this!  He is an engineer and sometimes he's pretty hard to impress!


Embossed Tree for Raymond

I used an image from Flourishes' Forest of Trees, and a sentiment from Winter Schminter by Whippersnapper.  They are embossed in copper and silver on Shimmery White cardstock from SU; the inside is also embossed in silver, just a birthday sentiment.   Hopefully you can see the silver embossing at the top and ends of the branches!

Yesterday, Dee had a challenge to incorporate some stamping into some food gifts.  I had just bought a tin of Cappucino Cream Wafers at the Dollar Store, just to have on hand for a quick gift.  I covered it with some paper from a Holiday Slab by Provo, added a tag using my new JustRite Christmas Stamp Ensemble and added a big honkin' bow.  The JustRite ensemble was a gift from JustRite themselves--an awesome company and a very generous gift, to be sure!  I am still learning how to use them, but I am having lots of fun!

Cappuchino Can

Cappucino can side

I used some Old Olive twill to tie the tag on, then just stuck the bow above it.  There is a little twinkly bling on the tag, too!

 

For Susan's challenge to make a gift holder, I had to laugh when I saw hers.  I had actually stamped these a couple days ago, but didn't want to post them yet, and I laughed when I saw the similarities!  Of course, she has those gorgeous bows on hers and mine are, well, just plain!  Have a look:

Gift card holder

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

I made my entire holder from a piece of BG Fruitcake and added a scalloped border in Cranberry Crisp.  I stamped the image on Confetti Cream and colored it with markers and blender pens, then "distressed" it by stamping over it with Sanded.  I added a little Baja Breeze strip and added some punchouts that had also been stamped with Sanded. 

Gift card holder inside

A simple sentiment on the inside from Flourishes' Holiday Greetings finished it off.

 

 

And of course, while I had that fun paper out, I made a card as well with some elements I was working with, but hadn't used on the gift card:

Deer Merry Christmas  Finally, I found the inspiration for this fun little felt gift card holder/purse at Lisa Johnson's Poppy Paperie:

Felt Gift Card Holder

I have several big chunks of felt that I have been hoarding (not just limited to DP!) so I gave it a shot.  I tried stamping on it, but the ink just soaked in, so it is a tad bit plain!  I'll have to experiment with that some more.  The Cosmo Cricket chipboard scallop holds the flap down, and it fastens with an adhesive Velcro piece.  I think my niece will like this!

Well, thanks for hanging in there with me!  I will have some more to post tomorrow---now it's off to bake some cookies!  If you have any questions on any of the above projects, shoot me an email!  Thanks for all your kind comments!

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

Those are excellent ideas you have. Thanks so much for sharing!!

Renee said...

All of these are gorgeous! I want to come and play with you!!

Hugs
Renee

Anonymous said...

My goodness you've been so busy! I love these projects - absolutely ADORE the paper on your gift card holders!! And the purse is to die for, too. You're just so full of ideas! TFS!!!
Kim

Monika/Buzsy said...

Awesome projects! Love the great colors and DPs. My favorite is the gift holder. Love the scallope edge... TFS!

Cindy Malone said...

WOW!!! You've been seriously busy.
All your projects look great. Your brother looks like a fun guy.
TFS :-D

Kathleen said...

I am sure your brother will love that card---what's not to love. It's beautiful! And that first gift card holder looks so good I could eat it!! YUM!

Janine said...

WOW!! I love that little felt project!! I have so much felt it's insane... Great idea!!

Juanita said...

you have been so vary busy. Love it all.

Sharon (notimetostamp) said...

Oh my goodness, have you been busy!!! Now to remember them all as I comment -- LOL!!! I LOVE the two tone embossed card for your brother -- I'm sure he loved it, too!!! The canister is darling -- love those Santas on it!!! I LOVE the gift card holders -- great papers on them. And the felt project is AMAZING!!!! So glad I caught all of these!!!