Monday, December 15, 2008

A Quick Gift!

I needed a few quick gifts for the ladies in my Bible study...we are always complaining that we can't remember our verses, or struggle remembering what we want to pray about during prayer time. I know a lot of people use journals, but I saw these spiral-bound index cards at Walmart and I liked the size of them as well as the price!

DSCF2515

DSCF2516

I started by removing the spiral with the pliers from my SU Tool Kit.






DSCF2517

When it was removed all the way, I measured the front & back cardboard backings and covered them with some DP.






DSCF2518

I used Elmer's Craft Bond sprayed onto the back of the DP as well as the cardboard backing for a really good adhesive coverage.





DSCF2520

I used my 1/8" hole punch to punch holes in the top of the backing, just using the existing holes as templates.





DSCF2521


Then I put a rubber band around the front & back cardboard backings, with the cards in the middle to hold them all together, and fed my spiral back through again.




I added some simple embellishments by using my JustRite stamper:

Prayer Cards

This side is for prayers; flip it over and Bible verses can be written on the reverse side of the cards:

Prayer Cards-Bible Verses

I have already started using mine! Here are the ones I made for my ladies:

DSCF2612

DSCF2614
Thanks for visiting me today! Hope your holiday plans are progressing smoothly! I have shopping to do, so I am off & running!

  • Stamps: Special Occasions Font, JustRite
  • Paper: WW, Chocolate Chip, Not Quite Navy, Kiwi Kiss, Wassail, BG; Autumn Vine, Bella Rose, Urban Garden, SU
  • Ink: Chocolate Chip, Kiwi Kiss, Not Quite Navy, Bravo Burgundy
  • Acc: Nesties, Ribbon, Sponge Daubers, Tool Kit

12 comments:

Danni said...

What an awesome idea! thank you for sharing this! I need to make blessing journals for my bible study and this is just perfect for it! Thank you!!!

Kimberly Crawford said...

TOTALLY clever! Fantastic idea!!! And they are beautiful to boot! :)

Cindy Malone said...

These are too cool, might just have to make these for my Bible Study group next year. TFS :-)

Zhenya and Nika Aksutin said...

Dear LeeAnn! Great idea! I will try do this for my sisters in our home church! Nika

Elaine M said...

Another great idea!!! I'm heading for office supplies first thing tomorrow (unless we're snowed in)
Hope all is well in your neck of the woods.
Hugs - Elaine

Connie Watson said...

Excellent idea!! and what a great gift for the ladies in your Bible study!!

Juanita said...

Such a great idea for you group. I start a new group after the new year, perhaps this would be a nice little gift to bring to the ladies...or at least have for my self.

Janine said...

FAbulous LeAnne... Such a clever gift idea!

Anonymous said...

Isn't the act of removing the spiral ring, AND GETTING IT BACK IN, somehow. . . . oh I don't know. . . . terribly frustrating???

ChristineCreations said...

What meaningful gifts girl! So thoughtful too

Joan Ervin said...

Oh, My...how cool are these....what a great idea!!! Thanks for the tutorial...I am going to make one of these for my Mother!!!

Darlene Gabriel said...

What a great idea. I hope you don't mind if I case you. Thanks for sharing this with us.