Monday, December 1, 2008

Party Day #1!!!

DSCF2425

Today is the first day of Sharon's (notimetostamp) Stamp Simply Celebrates! She will be featuring 12 days chock-full of all kinds of goodies: challenges, projects, samples, blog candy & more! You can find out all the details at her blog here. Look at the very, very top of the blog---above the photo banner--and you will see a tab entitled "Stamp Simply Celebrates! This is PARTY CENTRAL!" Click on that tab and you'll find all the details! She has blog candy to give away today, too, so don't miss it!

Warning: This is a long post, but fun! Today, Janine is hosting a Cookie Recipe Exchange! Be sure to check out her blog so you can see all the other designers' samples, too! Bake a batch of cookies, package them up, add a tag or card and post the recipe and photos on your blog. Add a comment on her blog, linking your creation, and on Dec 7, the winner will get some blog candy!!! Edited to add: Anyone can play ANY of the challenges by ANY of the hostesses during our 12 days of Stamp Simply Celebrates!!! You DO NOT have to have a Blog to playuploading your project to SCS (Splitcoaststampers.com) is not only permissible, but HIGHLY ENCOURAGED. When doing so, use the KEYWORD SSC08. Thanks!

Now, since Sharon's motto is "Stamp Simply" I am taking that to heart these next few days. It is a busy season and we all need simplicity! So my cookies are packaged very simply in a little cello bag, two to a package. This would make a perfect little gift for a teacher, bus driver, co-worker or anyone to whom you'd like to say "Merry Christmas" but don't want to break the bank on! One batch of cookies can go a long way packaged like this!

I started with a 4x6 cello bag from Stampin' Up! My topper is a piece of PTI's Aqua Mist cut to 6 1/2 x 4 1/2, scored at 3 1/4. Before I began decorating it, I perforated it at the score line:DSCF2420

Now perhaps you could perforate a little straighter than I could!




The reason I perforated it is because my recipe for Andes Creme de Menthe cookies will go on the back of the topper. Then the recipient can just tear off the back and keep the recipe in their file:DSCF2424

Of course, I had to decorate it in Andes mint colors of Sage Shadow & Close to Cocoa! Yum yum! I used a varied assortment of snowflake stamps from different companies. I particularly enjoyed the little snowflake "parade" from Whippersnapper's Winter Schminter!



So here is my final package:
DSCF2422

DSCF2423

The topper is attached to the bag with brads at the bottom; it can be easily disassembled to use the recipe card.







And here is my little 3x3 card that I'll give with it:

DSCF2432





And just for fun, I made up a poem to go on the inside, so they know there is a recipe on the back:

DSCF2434

"Because you're sweet, you get a treat as a little gift from me. And on the back you'll find in fact, the cookie recipe. So when they're gone, there's no sad song, no need to wear a frown. Just turn on the oven and share the lovin' with all your friends around!" Kind of corny, but I think my certain someone will enjoy it!



  • Stamps: Best Yet, SU; Winter Schminter, Whippersnapper; Winter Wonder, Verve; Holiday Treats, PTI
  • Paper: Aqua Mist, WW, Close to Cocoa
  • Ink: Sage Shadow, Close to Cocoa, Chocolate Chip
  • Acc: Circle Punches, Nesties, Cello Bag, Perforating Tool (SU), Vintage Brads, MS Aquamarine Crystal Glitter, Aqua Mist Satin Ribbon, Glue Dots

Now here's my recipe, right off the back of the Andes Creme de Menthe Chunks:
Andes Crème de Menthe Chunk Cookies

  • ½ cup softened butter
  • ¾ cup dark brown sugar
  • ½ cup granulated sugar
  • 1 tsp baking soda
  • 1 tsp baking powder
  • 2 tsp vanilla extract
  • 2 eggs
  • 2 2/3 cup all-purpose flour
  • 1 10-oz package Andes Crème de Menthe Baking Chips

Blend butter, sugars, baking powder, baking soda, vanilla and eggs until mixed. Stir in baking chips and then flour. Chill for about 1 hour in refrigerator. Form dough into 1-oz. ball shapes and flatten slightly. Bake on non-stick baking sheet at 350º for 8-10 minutes. Cool on sheets for 2 minutes before removing. Makes about 4 dozen cookies.

15 comments:

Sharon (notimetostamp) said...

LeAnne, this is SO gorgeous!!! I absolutely LOVE your presentation - what a warm and cozy winter treat this is!!! Your colors are so lovely -- all so beautifully done -- and a GREAT tutorial!!! Thanks so much for sharing!!!

Janine said...

LeAnne So wonderful!! Thank you for participating and for showing everyone how you did it!!
You are sweet!!!

Darlene said...

AWESOME!!! Love how you did this LeAnne ... thanks for sharing the details with all of us! What a cute poem too! So glad you played along ... I'll go edit my blog post and add you to it!! Wouldn't want anyone to miss these yummies!!

Deborah Saaranen said...

What a yummy looking cookie and gorgeous presentation!

Barbara Schram said...

OH LeAnne, This poem is the epitome of creativity! I LOVE it! Thanks for sharing your talent with all of us today! This partay is going to be FUN! I'll add you to my blog list players too!

Anonymous said...

This is my first Christmas with diabetes. Oh, the horror.

Anonymous said...

Oh my gosh, this is gorgeous! I love the packaging and especially love the 3 x 3 cards LeAnne, fabulous colors!

Denise Marzec said...

Love the soft colors, LeAnne...and oh my goodness, those cookies look (and sound) delicious!!

Jetstudio Designs said...

Your cookies look delicious. I just printed off the receipe!!

Sheila D said...

OMG, these sound delish! What a neat idea to decorate with Andes Mint colors. And your poem is so cute. Might have to case this whole project. Thanks for sharing.

Barbara said...

LeAnne, this is just the cutest!!! I love everything about it!

Lisa Kind said...

OMGoodness, those look so yummy! I love the idea of putting the recipe on the back of the topper! Genius! What a lovely gift!

Tammy Hershberger said...

LeAnne, this is so precious and I LOVE your poem! What a sweet little gift that I'm sure will bring smiles from everyone who receives!

Kimberly Crawford said...

GORGEOUS!!!!!!!!!!

Anonymous said...

Nothing corny about this - I love everything about it! It's simply adorable :-) TFS!!!
Kim