Thursday, March 9, 2023

Stitched Get Well

Happy Thursday, peeps!  The week is on the downhill slide!  I've been busy planning for clubs and camps but I did manage to squeak in a little card for a couple of challenges!  I haven't played with the Color Throwdown challenge for a long time, and Amy at Freshly Made Sketches has an interesting sketch:



I went way, way, way back in the archives of my stamp room to retrieve some retired colors for my card today....anyone remember Certainly Celery or Barely Banana?  I used cardstocks in those two hues, plus the more recently-retired Seaside Spray, to diecut some My Favorite Things flowers to create this:


I layered a few of the flowers, added some simple punched centers and a sentiment from Hand-Penned Petals, then attached them to a Basic White mat embossed with the Stitched Greenery die:


I mounted it all on a Certainly Celery base!  It was fun to pull out those old colors!  Thanks for popping in today, enjoy it and be blessed!


Project Details—All Products SU! Unless Otherwise Specified
Stamps Hand-Penned Petals
Card stock & Papers     Basic White, Seaside Spray (ret), Certainly Celery (ret), Barely Banana (ret)
 Ink Seaside Spray (ret)
Accessories Dimensionals
Tools     Cut & Emboss Machine, Stitched Greenery Die, Stylish Shapes Dies, Stitched Flowers Die (My Favorite Things)

14 comments:

Kampin' Karen said...

Those were some of the best colors. I constantly have a couple of gals looking for Certainly Celery and Bashful Blue! Great use of the sketch challenge. Have a blessed day.

I Card Everyone said...

I don't remember those colors, but I clearly understand why you'd bring them out to play today: FABulous!
=]

Shawn Marie O'Connell said...

Gorgeous card, LeAnne! Certainly Celery and Barely Banana will always be two of my favorites. I remember so many people being upset when Certainly Celery retired!! Maybe it will be one of the returning colors in the new Annual Catty.

Linda Callahan said...

This is adorable …..love all the stitches! And I have a drawer of retired colors that I need to open more often!

Tracy Grauer said...

Beautiful card, LeAnne! And yes! I remember those colors! They are lovely...all the colors, past and present, have a place. Color is beautiful and so fun to play with!

Colleen Begley said...

I love these pastel retired shades too! This is such a beautiful card, I had to comment. You've nailed the sketch with these flowers and design.

Bonnie said...

I still love these colors and have hoarded a bit of each! Love these stitched flowers on the stitched background!

Lisa Elton said...

What cute flowers! This would make anyone feel better, LeAnne, it's delightful!

Beth Kochheiser said...

Ahhhh Certainly Celery...a real fave of mine. Still
Have the ink & paper! A lovely card!

Denise Willerton said...

Leanne, what a perfect Get Well card !!! thank you for sharing!!! Have a blessed weekend xo ((hugs))

Amy O said...

What a fun trip down memory lane! I love the colors and I love all of the faux-stitching. Such a pretty card, LeAnne!

Jen Brum said...

This is such a sweet card! I love those stitched flowers and the stitched background. Barely Banana was before my SU time! It sure is a pretty colour though! Thanks for joining us this week at Freshly Made Sketches!

Jacquie Southas said...

Beautiful design, LeAnne!Thanks for playing along with us at FMS this week.

Broni said...

I certainly remember Certainly Celery and Barely Banana! And I still have some of the Banana!! This is a perfect Spring card!! Thanks for joining us for the Color Throwdown this week!