Friday, March 3, 2023

FMS575 Peace on Earth

 Happy Friday, peeps!  Hope you have something fun planned for the weekend! Ours is pretty quiet!  I did a bit of stamping yesterday and created a Christmas card using the FMS sketch:

I recently saw a post about embossed vellum, so I thought I would pair some sparkly DSP from Christmas with a snowflake-embossed piece of vellum and a pretty gold-embossed sentiment:


It's a bit of a challenge to see the embossing here; maybe this angle will be better:


I added a gold foil diecut border behind the black and gold DSP, and a few swirls and pearls for pizzazz!  When I first glanced at the sketch, I didn't realize the sentiment was supposed to be in the lower right corner, so after embossing the sentiment in the diecut circle, I added another tiny one, tucking it under the gold foil swirls:


A simple sentiment on the inside:


Another card for my stash!  Thanks for popping in today!

So Cassidy's been playing rec basketball; there were four teams of sixth, seventh and eighth graders, some of whom are really, really good players!  She held her own, for only just taking it up in the fall!  Last night was a playoff game and although they lost, they held the other team to only three points and they played a great game.   Here's a (very poor) photo of Cassidy taking a foul shot:


She had a really supportive coach; after the playoffs he game them each a gift: a personalized water mug with their name and number on it, and COOKIES.....look at those cute cookies!!!  Their team name was Sun:



You can tell she was excited!  And here they are...they had fun despite the loss!  They'll be even better next year!

Enjoy your day and be blessed!


Project Details—All Products SU! Unless Otherwise Specified
Stamps Hope and Peace, Tiny Tag Sentiments (Our Daily Bread Designs)
Card stock & Papers     Basic White, Gold Foil, Vellum, Lights Aglow DSP (ret)
 Ink Stazon Black, Gold Encore (ret)
Accessories Gold Metallic Pearls (ret), Dimensionals, Gold Embossing Powder
Tools     Cut & Emboss Machine, Stylish Shapes Dies, Scalloped Contour Dies, Swirly Snowflake Dies (ret), Ornate Frames Dies (ret), Snowflake Quilt Embossing Folder (Cuttlebug), Heat Tool

9 comments:

Kampin' Karen said...

You used some of my fave retired Christmas items and I love how you created your card. What a great coach to do all that for the Sun. Those cookies were da bomb.

I Card Everyone said...

Isn't that embossed vellum so lovely? Really beautiful alongside the paper with the very same style stars - you're so clever!
Way to go, Cassidy! I hope you continue to play!
=]

Carol L said...

I'm just loving that black and gold designer paper with all the golden accents - it's a real beauty! Congrats to Cassidy for giving it her best shot!

Karen in Florida said...

Cassidy has outstanding basketball form! She looks very professional.
Love your card! I used up all that black/gold DSP on my Christmas cards in 2022. I wish SU would bring back the DSP. One of my all-time favorite DSPs
Yummy-looking cookies!

Bonnie said...

You have the best papers, LeAnne! I love this black with the gold and how perfectly it goes with the embossed vellum and gold embossed sentiments! Tucking the little Merry Christmas in the swirl was a brilliant idea!

Lisa Elton said...

Oh, I like the EF you used on your vellum! This is pretty, LeAnne. Congrats to Cassidy and her teammates!

Jen Timko said...

Oh what an elegant card this is! Love the pretty gold swirl and your last minute add is perfect. So glad you joined us this week at FMS!

Amy O said...

Oooh! I love this! Elegant and crisp and clean! A fabulous card, LeAnne!

Linda Callahan said...

Saw this gorgeous card in our gallery last week and never got here to say so! Love it! And Miss C looks like she enjoyed basketball! Emma played fifth grade basketball this year for the first time. They won last week's game in a nailbiter.....9-8 after four full quarters......lolol