Monday, March 13, 2023

CTC410 Framed For You

Happy Monday, peeps! I am awaiting my stamping clubs today but thought I would squeak in a card I made yesterday for the CASing the Catty challenge on Facebook!  


They wanted to see something with an embossing folder, and truthfully, I don't have many current EFs, but I do have the Fern one, and there was an intriguing card on page 38 of the catalog, so that's what I chose to CASE!  I went back to some papers from the current catalog that I hadn't used for a while, Awash in Beauty, and went to work:


I admit that this is not really my creative style, but it is good to push oneself occasionally!  I cut 1/2" strips of Mossy Meadow to "frame" the DSP, then added a diecut sentiment from Love For You in Rich Razzleberry, another color that is a little out of my comfort zone!


You can see around the edges, the Fern embossing, which coordinates nicely with the leaves in the DSP!


The most challenging part of this card was weaving those strips....LOTS of glue dots were sacrificed in the creation of this card, LOL!  

Thanks for popping in today---it's gray and dreary here in SE PA and I hear some areas will be getting snow soon!  We'll probably just get RAIN!  Anyway, enjoy your day and be blessed!


Project Details—All Products SU! Unless Otherwise Specified
Stamps Love For You
Card stock & Papers     Basic White, Mossy Meadow, Awash in Beauty DSP
 Ink Rich Razzleberry
Accessories Mini Dimensionals
Tools     Cut & Emboss Machine, Fern Embossing Folder, Love For You Dies


5 comments:

Kampin' Karen said...

That's a great, creative frame! Love it.

Claudia said...

Love your card anyway LeAnne!

I Card Everyone said...

Lovely card, LeAnne! Especially like those woven corners!
=]

Jeanne H said...

I too love your frame and using dsp too!

Lisa Elton said...

Those woven corners are oodles of fun! This is wonderful, LeAnne!