Tuesday, March 28, 2023

AHSC518 Hymn Block Sympathy Cards

Happy Tuesday, everyone!  I had a fun night stamping with some of my friends last night!  I may share those cards later!  Today I have two sympathy cards...why do they always seem to come in threes? A sweet church family friend passed away, so I wanted to send a card to her husband and daughter.  I roughly used the Atlantic Hearts Sketch Challenge sketch for them:


I found some beautiful papers from Carta Bella's Gather at Home and Home Again pads and here's what I came up with:


Some of the papers have a woodgrain pattern, which I am interpreting as the horizontal stripes on the sketch, LOL!!  I stamped hymns from the Sweet & Sassy Hymn Blocks set; this one was stamped in Soft Succulent ink, diecut with a stitched square die and matted with some Blushing Bride cardstock. 


I fussy-cut a floral from one of the papers as well:


The second one is simpler and very loosely fits the sketch; different woodgrain, different hymn, different flower:


On the inside of both Soft Succulent cards, I stamped a Bible verse from an old Our Daily Bread Designs:


Thanks so much for popping in today--enjoy it and be blessed!



Project Details—All Products SU! Unless Otherwise Specified
Stamps Hymn Blocks (Sweet & Sassy), Scripture Collection 2 (Our Daily Bread Designs)
Card stock & Papers     Basic White, Soft Succulent, Blushing Bride, Gather at Home DSP, Home Again DSP (both from Carta Bella)
 Ink Soft Suede, Mossy Meadow, Soft Succulent
Accessories Dimensionals
Tools     Cut & Emboss Machine, Stitched Square Dies (Lil'Inker)

13 comments:

Kampin' Karen said...

These are beautiful cards, LeAnne. I do like the subtleness of the stripes on the wood grain. The stamps are wonderful. They will be appreciated in a time of grief.

Bonnie said...

Such meaningful sympathy cards, LeAnne! Sure to bring comfort.

Wendy said...

Great sketch and 2 beautiful sympathy cards, LeAnne! I love them both and like that they have a different saying on them. Your woodgrain papers are pretty as is the bouquet of flowers that you added. So sorry for the loss of a friend.

Linda Callahan said...

These are lovely…..beautiful verses!

I Card Everyone said...

Really lovely, LeAnne - such a good and caring person you are!
=]

Joanne James - The Crafty Owl said...

I love these - those verses are great and the fonts make them a great focal point.

Lisa Elton said...

These are both lovely cards!

Lorraine said...

Great way to use that striped paper. Both are beauties!

Michelle said...

Love how you used the sentiment for the stripe element of the sketch. Great cards. Thanks for sharing at Atlantic Hearts.

Alyson Mayo said...

These are such pretty cards! I love the woodgrain background with the flower - beautiful! Thanks for sharing with us at Atlantic Hearts :)

Dena J said...

Gorgeous and perfect creative take on the sketch, LeAnne! The wood grain papers are very beautiful background for that fabulous text. Thank you for joining us at Atlantic Hearts Sketch Challenge this week.

Brandi said...

Both are beautiful, I love the simplicity of them, not to much happening or going on makes the sentiment stand out! Thanks for playing along with Atlantic Hearts Sketch Challenge (AHSC).

Brandi R.
DT member AHSC
crzy4scrapbooking.blogspot.ca

Golden Goddess Designs said...

beautiful cards, thanks for sharing with us at Atlantic Hearts Sketch challenge last week. Good luck!

Alicia