Tuesday, March 7, 2023

St Patrick's Day Card--Sorta

Happy Tuesday, peeps!  I have a fun, simple little card for you today; it's sort of a St Patrick's Day card, although I don't normally send out cards for that holiday, I do have a couple of friends whose birthdays are close, so I thought it would be fun to combine them!  I saw a very sweet card on Dawn Olchefske's blog (it was a swap from Deb Snyder, and you can see it here) so I thought I would CASE it in some Garden Green papers and ink:


I warned you...super simple!  I embossed a piece of Basic White with the Stitched With Whimsy die, then mounted it on a card of Garden Green.  I had a piece of Garden Green DSP left over from another project, so I folded it on the diagonal and adhered it. I then created my shamrock by stamping and punching three of the smaller hearts from the Country Bouquet stamp and punch:


I added the "luv ya" from Conversation Bubbles and a birthday sentiment on the inside from A Grand Kid, also embossed with the Stitched With Whimsy die:


I am also entering this at the AAA Birthday Challenge, where they're looking for Stripes and/or Dots, and I have both!


Thanks so much for popping in today!  Enjoy it and be blessed!


Project Details—All Products SU! Unless Otherwise Specified
Stamps Country Bouquet, A Grand Kid, Conversation Bubbles
Card stock & Papers     Basic White, Garden Green, Garden Green DSP
 Ink Garden Green
Accessories Mini Dimensionals
Tools     Cut & Emboss Machine, Stitched With Whimsy Dies, Stylish Shapes Dies, Country Bouquet Punch

7 comments:

Kampin' Karen said...

Great card. I made a green one too but it won't post until 3/16. I didn't put a stem on my shamrock because I didn't know what to use. How did you do yours?

I Card Everyone said...

Aren't we the lucky ones to see this darling card? LOve your clever way of sharing both sides of that sorta Irish paper!
=]

Lisa Elton said...

I like the playfulness the Whimsy frame adds! This is CAS and cute, LeAnne!

Wendy said...

Adorable card, LeAnne! I love that simple strip of DSP folded up along with the Stitched Whimsy dies! Very striking and simple! Love your heart shamrock! Your friend is sure to love this!

Jane said...

Wow! Love the monochromatic theme and your card design and choices are fantastic. Thanks for playing at AAA Birthday, hope to see you join in with future challenges too. Stay safe and keep crafting!

Vicki Dutcher said...

Perfect use of dots and stripes for St Pat's day! Thanks for joining in at AAA Birthday

Kati said...

So clever how you incorporated both the stripes and the dots on this card! :) Turned out wonderfully!
Thanks so much for joining the AAA Birthday Challenge, hope you will join again soon!