Wednesday, January 25, 2023

Winter Scene for an 80th Birthday

Hi stampers!  Yay, it's Wednesday and I have a very special birthday card for a friend of ours who will soon be 80!  I combined the Atlantic Hearts Sketch and the Retro Rubber Winter Scene theme to create my card for him:



The sketch had some decidedly feminine aspects to it but I envisioned some masculine elements, even though I did sprinkle a few sequins on there....hope he doesn't mine too much!  So here we go:


My cabin image is from Reflected in Nature (2021), stamped in Misty Moonlight ink.  I just love the detail on this, and I didn't get hardly any use from it when it was current!  I diecut it with a circle die and added a mat from Kraft cardstock.  Instead of flowers, I used some Seaside Spray "greenery", accented with sequins, and I added a denim ribbon behind my sentiment:


I diecut a piece of brown and blue plaid paper with a Spellbinders rounded-edge die and mounted everything on a Early Espresso card base, on which I also rounded the edges. The sentiment on the inside was from A Dozen Thoughts (2013) and to get that 80 in there, I stamped the numbers from Number of Years (2016) behind the sentiment in Soft Seaspray.  The eagle was also from Reflected in Nature.  Hope he likes it!


Thank you for much for popping in today--enjoy it and be blessed!

Rich and poor have this in common: the Lord is the Maker of them all. Proverbs 22:2

Project Details—All Products SU! Unless Otherwise Specified
Stamps Reflected in Nature (2021), Number of Years (2016), A Dozen Thoughts (2013), Your Biggest Fan (2022)
Card stock & Papers     Basic White, Kraft, Early Espresso, Seaside Spray (ret),  Woodsy Plaid DSP (Memory Box)
 Ink Seaside Spray (ret), Misty Moonlight (ret)
Accessories Sequins from my stash, Denim Ribbon
Tools     Cut & Emboss Machine, Layering Circle Dies, Zigzag Circle Dies (Sizzix), Ornate Frames Dies (ret), Holiday Greens Dies (Tim Holtz), Curved Matting Basics A Dies (Spellbinders), Corner Rounder Punch (ret)

20 comments:

Donna M Fetter said...

Absolutely beautiful card.

Wendy said...

What a great masculine card, LeAnne! Love the pretty plaid paper as it goes beautifully with your stamped image! Love the details on the inside as well as the outside! Your friend is sure to love it!

Kampin' Karen said...

What a great masculine card. Who doesn't love plaid?! He will be very happy to receive it, no doubt.

I Card Everyone said...

I can't imagine any man at any age not loving this gorgeous card, LeAnne. Even the inside is fantastic!
Now I'm wondering if I've ever seen this Reflected in Nature set before - this scene is spectacular and beautifully detailed.
=]

Denise Willerton said...

What a lovely birthday card LeAnne. I didn’t use my stamp set enough when it was current either 🥹. I just had to have, but then …. Thank you for inspiring me. Have a blessed day 😊

Linda Callahan said...

Wow you are a rock star! That stamp set scared me so I never got it! But you knew just what to do with it…..fabulous card!

Tracy Grauer said...

Very nice card! Your friend will love it!

Alyson Mayo said...

Wow - this is so pretty with the vintage image and the plaid paper! Thanks for sharing with us at Atlantic Hearts :)

Dena J said...

Beautiful scene and I love the plaid and browns with blue, LeAnne. Thank you for sharing at Atlantic Hearts Sketch Challenge.

Basement Stamper said...

This card is gorgeous, that image is awesome for a masculine card (or feminine). I don't think the addition of sequins makes it less masculine at all. Great job!

Bonnie said...

This is fantastic, LeAnne! Love the plaid and the reflected design! This is an awesome masculine card!

Lisa Elton said...

Oh is he ever going to love this card! The plaid, the denim, the cabin in the woods... they're all wonderful. Terrific inside sentiment too!

Michelle said...

What a beautiful scene you've created. I love it all. Thanks for sharing at Atlantic Hearts.

Claire Grantham said...

LeAnne, what a wonderfully masculine card! I love the plaid!! So happy to see you in the RR gallery. Cx

Heather said...

Just a gorgeous masculine card, LeAnne - brilliant, really! Love your papers, and that lovely delft-like scene - and your details are perfect! Thanks so much for playing at Retro Rubber!

Suzy Hinton said...

LeAnne, Your card is absolutely gorgeous! Congrats on being the top pick. Suzy

JoAnn said...

Love your great masculine card LeAnne. The colors and paper are perfect. Congrats on your win at Retro Rubber. This card is definitely a winner.

Allisa said...

Such a fabulous card, love the masculine feel. Thanks for playing with us at Atlantic Hearts Sketch Challenge!

Brandi said...

I love this, I love that stamp and the reflection, I love how used used the blue tones...I love it! Thanks for playing along with Atlantic Hearts Sketch Challenge (AHSC).

Golden Goddess Designs said...

LeAnne, this is absolutely phenomenal! love, love, love this image! thanks for sharing with us at AHSC last week. good luck!

Alicia