Monday, January 9, 2023

Vintage Country Bouquet

Happy Monday, peeps!  Just a quick post today as I have stamp club gals coming soon! I resisted getting the Country Bouquet set at first but finally caved, and I have been having lots of fun using it.  I sometimes get stuck in a rut, using the same colors (usually the ones that coordinate with the DSP) over and again, so I thought I'd try a more rustic, vintage color palette using the two-step heart-shaped image.  So here we go:


I stamped the image with Real Red and Crumb Cake inks, then fussy-cut it out!  The Stamparatus really helped me get a good intense image.  I embossed a panel of Crumb Cake with the Timeworn Type embossing folder, then used a Blending Brush to add some Crumb Cake ink to it and mounted it on a Real Red mat.  The stamped image went on top with some dimensionals; the burlap and red ribbons are so nice and soft; they made a great accent behind the it. I finally added a little Tailor Made tag that I shortened a little bit, and brushed the edges with ink as well.  A retired gold Metallic Pearl finished it off.


I am entering this at the Krafty Chicks blog because they're looking for something stamped for their challenge 645! 

And here's another little card using the same image, this time using Calypso Coral and Mint Macaron inks to match the Country Gingham DSPs:


I used the Scalloped Contour die to partially cut a folded piece of Basic White, then simply added the image, DSP and a Stylish Shapes-diecut sentiment:


Such sweet colors!  Thanks so much for stopping in today--enjoy it and be blessed!


First Card Project Details—All Products SU! Unless Otherwise Specified
Stamps Country Bouquet
Card stock & Papers     Basic White, Real Red, Crumb Cake
 Ink Real Red, Crumb Cake
Accessories Real Red & Burlap Ribbon Combo, Dimensionals, Metallic Pearl (ret)
Tools     Cut & Emboss Machine, Timeworn Type EF, Stitched Rectangle Dies, Tailor Made Tags Dies, Blending Brush, Stamparatus

Second Card Project Details—All Products SU! Unless Otherwise Specified
Stamps Country Bouquet
Card stock & Papers     Basic White, Country Gingham DSP
 Ink Mint Macaron, Calypso Coral
Accessories Dimensionals
Tools     Cut & Emboss Machine, Stylish Shapes Dies, Scalloped Contour Dies, Stamparatus

9 comments:

Wendy said...

Both are gorgeous cards, LeAnne! This set is a winner in my book and could be used for lots of occasions! Have fun with your stamp girls today!

I Card Everyone said...

There are few color combinations I like more than kraft and red - used here on your perfectly cut heart? A little bit of calico Heaven! OH, and do I ever love your ribbon!
THEN you top it off with this second adorably scalloped beauty! I'm so happy to be seeing more of that darling gingham!
=]

Tracy Grauer said...

Love your cards, LeAnne! I really like the Country Bouquet suite!

Vicky Hayes said...

Two gorgeous cards made with this versatile set LeAnne - I always love to see different ways to style a set.
Happy new year (a little late!) to you and your family! May you be blessed. Vicky x

Linda Callahan said...

Love these flowery hearts! Wish i could be in your club and join you stamping!

Julia Aston said...

these look so different using the different colors - two lovely designs using this pretty set! xx

Lisa Elton said...

The red and kraft on your first card is such a warm and wonderful combination! But my goodness your second card is extra sweet! Love the scalloped base, the gingham, the colors, the floral heart... heck I love it all!!

Tracy Taylor said...

Hi Lea Anne, just beautiful. This was my first choice set. My sweet pen pal Teri R sent me your link. She knew I would live your style.

Linda Callahan said...

Love these Valentines!