Tuesday, January 24, 2023

Fun Fold Valentine

Happy Tuesday, peeps!  I found a lovely card while scrolling through Facebook yesterday that featured a pretty (and pretty easy) fun fold!  Here's the YouTube link to the original card HERE.  Her card is 5 7/8" high and I cut mine down to 5 1/2" to fit in a standard envelope.  This is my prototype; I used retired Lovely Lipstick cardstock along with Country Floral Lane and Country Gingham DSPs, and several different stamp sets.  So here we go:


First, let me say that I know the Lovely Lipstick doesn't match the colors in my DSP and ribbon, but it was my prototype!!  The card starts as a gatefold, then when it is opened, the fun fold pops out:


I added some DSP panels and stamped the "Love You" in Real Red, then diecut them out.  The heart was punched from the DSP, and the "valentine" sentiment was fussy cut from the Love For You set as well:


The belly band is Mossy Meadow; I diecut a couple of panels for the sentiment, and I stamped the top floral in Petal Pink, filling in the leaves with a Mossy Meadow marker and the hearts with a Poppy Parade marker.  I added some of the Real Red ribbon for added interest:


I am going to enter this at Anything Goes with a Fun Fold!

I do have another quick little get-well card; it uses the sketch from  As You See It:


This is note-card sized; the base is Very Vanilla and I covered the front with a piece of Balmy Blue DSP:


I pulled out some really old stamps; the bird is from Of the Earth (2009) and the sentiment is from A  Dozen Thoughts (2013).  The diecut borders are from the Arts & Crafts dies....aren't they pretty?  I feel bad that I don't use them often enough!


The inside sentiment is from Friend to Friend (2004).  It feels good to get some older stamps inky! 


So yesterday I took a little class at the local Senior Center and we learned to decorate cupcakes; this month's theme was animals!  So here is my labradoodle:


I definitely need practice with that grass tip!  And my polar bear, which looks more like a husky to me:


I've played with decorator bags, icing and tips, but had never made anything like this!  The fondant tongue just cracks me up!  John refuses to eat them, he says they're too special to eat, LOL!  Thanks for visiting today--enjoy it and be blessed!

First Project Details—All Products SU! Unless Otherwise Specified
Stamps Love For You, Eden's Garden, Country Bouquet
Card stock & Papers     Basic White, Petal Pink, Mossy Meadow, Lovely Lipstick (ret), Country Floral Lane DSP, Country Gingham DSP
 Ink Real Red, Mossy Meadow, Mint Macaron
Accessories Real Red Ribbon
Tools     Cut & Emboss Machine, Stitched Rectangle Dies, Stylish Shapes Dies, Stitched With Whimsy Dies, Love For You Dies, Country Bouquet Punch, Mossy Meadow & Poppy Parade Markers


Second Project Details—All Products SU! Unless Otherwise Specified
Stamps Of the Earth (ret), A Dozen Thoughts (ret), Friend to Friend (ret)
Card stock & Papers     Very Vanilla, Balmy Blue DSP
 Ink Balmy Blue, Midnight Muse (ret)
Accessories Dimensionals
Tools     Cut & Emboss Machine, Stylish Shapes Dies, Arts & Crafts Dies (ret)

17 comments:

Carrie said...

I saw your fun fold card at Creative Creases and came to get a closer look! It’s stunning! And thanks for the link to the video on creating it and the tip about the sizing to fit it in an envelope.

Kampin' Karen said...

Love that you dusted off some old stuff! Your labradoodle is fantastic and I couldn't eat it either!! TFS.

I Card Everyone said...

There isn't anything about that fun fold card that doesn't match, LeAnne - you have such patience for these cards!
The little birdy told me he was very happy to come play today - such a darling suite of products here!
I give you A++ for your cupcakes, my friend!
=]

Shawn Marie O'Connell said...

LeAnne!!! These cupcakes are adorable. I especially love the labradoodle!!

I'm going to try this fun fold over the weekend. It's really cool!

Joanne James - The Crafty Owl said...

So much to love in today's post LeAnne! That fancy fold card is properly fancy - so clever and fabulous (you'd never know it was a prototype!) I love the beautiful soft colours of your get well card and the detail on those borders is lovely - perfect for our sketch over at As You See It. And as for the cupcakes - the labradoodle and polar bear are fabulous!!

Lisa Elton said...

It looks like it matches to me, LeAnne this is cute! You always do such a great job with the fun folds. Cute cupcakes too. Sounds like a fun class!

Debbie Mageed said...

Wow, LeAnne! I really love this fun fold card! I will certainly have to try this one soon. It would be great if you would provide a link back to our challenge. Thank you for playing at Creative Creases Challenge and hope you can join in again soon.
Debbie DT
Secrets To Stamping

Karen Finkle said...

LeAnne, I was delighted to see your beautiful fun fold entered at Creative Creases. I love the border die.
Karen, DT

Wendy said...

WOW! That sure is an awesome card, LeAnne! Love the fun fold and your pretty papers! Your get well card is equally as pretty especially that gorgeous border die! I love pulling out the older stamps and getting them inky, too! Well done on all your cards and those cupcakes look amazing! So much fun!

Linda Callahan said...

So much to see here today! The fancy fold Valentine is gorgeous! And the card behind door number two is soft and sweet! And speaking of sweet the cupcakes are fabulous! You have a lot of
Patience !

Tracy Grauer said...

Wow! What a fancy fun fold! Great job! Your cupcakes are awesome!

Heather Cooper said...

Wow, LeAnne, love that fun fold card! And the fancy borders on the gentle get-well card! I feel like they both celebrate country designs! But those cupcakes!! Yummy looking! Thanks for using our sketch at As You See It Challenges.

Deborah Wheeler said...

I just love the soft colours on your get well card LeAnne , and the die cut borders are fab! Seriously impressed with your icing skills on the cupcakes too! Thanks for joining us at As You see It challenge.

Jan Clothier said...

Great to see some of these older stamps come out to play. A Dozen Thoughts was one of my first ever sets and I only recently sold it. Love that lovely soft DSP too, as well as the intricate die cut vertical. Thanks for joining in with us at As You See It - it's lovely to have you back. :-)

Heather said...

Oh wow, LeAnne, LOVE these pretty borders! Such a sweet take on our sketch, with a great set! Thanks so much for playing at As You See It!

Rae in Reno said...

LeAnne.... the perfect fold for this beautiful card. I'll be trying this one soon. Thank you for joining in the challenge!

Debbie Mageed said...

Hi, LeAnne! I'm back again to congratulate you for being our Top Pick at Creative Creases!! If you're interested, email me and I will send you the information you need to be our Guest Designer and receive your prize. Thank you again for playing with us and hope to see you back in the gallery soon.