Monday, January 23, 2023

378 Moo Birthday

Happy Monday, peeps!  Boy, I have been a LAZY stamper lately!  I think it's the holiday let-down!  How about you?  Are you in a stamping funk?  Anyway, I managed to squeak out a very simple card for my great-nephew Sawyer!  He's that red-headed imp I sometimes show you pictures of!  I think he's going to be five---it's hard for me to keep track of their ages!  Anyway, since his family lives in farm country, the On the Farm series was a natural choice to use!  I made use of the Global Design Project sketch for this week:


and here we go:


Since this card is for a little one, and a little boy at that, I didn't put a lot of doodads on it!  The DSP is the SAB Day at the Farm. I dusted off Labeler Alphabet to make the "moo" (wouldn't it have been nice if this farm set had some "moo"s and "oink"s and "cluck"s in it?), punching out the letters with a 1/4" square punch and mounting them on a Conversation Bubble diecut.  Since it looked a little bare, I mounted the bubble on a piece of Soft Suede and fussy cut around it to make a border, then mounted it on a diecut banner:


I couldn't wait to use the new Best Family Ever set for the inside; I added the "luv ya" from Conversation Bubbles and a couple more images from On the Farm.  


Thanks for popping in today!

This is my surprise for today; my phone says that it is RAINING but as I look out my window, this is what I see:


Hopefully it will subside by this afternoon...I am taking a little cupcake-decorating class at our senior center! Enjoy your day and be blessed!


Project Details—All Products SU! Unless Otherwise Specified
Stamps On the Farm, Conversation Bubbles, Best Family Ever
Card stock & Papers     Basic White, Soft Suede, Crumb Cake, Day at the Farm DSP, Old Olive DSP
 Ink Soft Suede, Crumb Cake
Accessories Dimensionals
Tools     Cut & Emboss Machine, Conversation Bubbles Dies, Stylish Shapes Dies, Stamparatus, Gingham EF, 1/4" Square Punch (ret)

6 comments:

I Card Everyone said...

I'm sure your great nephew will be MOOOOved by your kindness, and his wonderful card, LeAnne!
I'm never going to get enough of that cow! But you [and Lisa] can have all that snow!
=]

Carol L said...

I remember seeing those pics of that cute little red-headed young man! He will be delighted with this fun birthday card I'm sure! Yes please to one of the cupcakes you'll be making :)

Lisa Elton said...

Saywer will love it, LeAnne! I happen to love the teeny square letters! Ha, Michele lucked out this time. We got 4" yesterday with more on the way tomorrow night. We thought we were going to skate through January... no such luck!

beverly said...

Looks like 'white rain' to me...LOL!...have a great day at your decorating class.

Joanne James - The Crafty Owl said...

Love this - you're so right about the missing words in this set, but I love how you customised your own!

Linda Callahan said...

Sooo cute….no doodads needed!