Thursday, January 12, 2023

TSOT589 The Squirrel Whisperer

Happy Thursday, peeps! I have another masculine birthday card today and it uses the sketch from Try Stampin on Tuesday as well as their optional theme of monochromatic:


One of our dear friends had to retire early due to illness and took up the habit of sitting on his front porch and feeding peanuts to the local squirrels.  They became so accustomed to him they would come up on the porch and take peanuts from his hand!  His niece dubbed him "The Squirrel Whisperer"!  So I made him a squirrel card with the only squirrel stamp I could find in my stash, from Banner Year:


This is a really basic card, no frills or embellishments.  I used Cinnamon Cider for the squirrels and punched them out with a circle punch.  I also stamped some acorns (as I didn't have any peanut stamps) and added them to the banner:

  

I did a computer-generated sentiment for the inside:


He always remarks how much he likes receiving my cards and is quite disappointed to receive a store-bought card (and tells me about it) so I hope he'll get a chuckle from this one!  Thanks for popping in today--enjoy it and be blessed!


Project Details—All Products SU! Unless Otherwise Specified
Stamps Banner Year (ret)
Card stock & Papers     Basic White, Crumb Cake DSP, Early Espresso DSP, Come to Gather DSP (ret)
 Ink Cinnamon Cider, Soft Suede
Accessories Dimensionals
Tools     Cut & Emboss Machine, Stylish Shapes Dies, 1 1/4 Circle Punch, Computer

9 comments:

Wendy said...

This is so cute, LeAnne! I love how simple this is with no frills or embellishments and how spot on this is for your recipient! He is going to LOVE it!

Anonymous said...

For a birthday gift idea I suggest the children's book "Those Darn Squirrels" ...he'd get a hoot out of it! Perfect card:)

I Card Everyone said...

You have well earned his respect and will undoubtedly get that chuckle with this one, LeAnne!
=]

mikki said...

I'm sure he'll love it.
Very well done!

Lisa Elton said...

The squirrel whisperer won't be one bit disappointed in this card, it's perfect for him! Pop it onto a bag of peanuts and he'll be thrilled!

Dena J said...

Love this! Such a creative tag and perfect for those sweet little squirrels. Thank you so much for joining the challenge at Try Stampin' On Tuesday.

Donna Scholz said...

LeAnne, what a great monochromatic card using our Try Stampin' on Tuesday sketch!! I'm sure your friend absolutely loved receiving this personalized card for his birthday!!! -Donna

libbystamps said...

How stinkin' cute is this!? Great job with the challenge LeAnne. Well done! Thanks for joining Try Stampin' on Tuesday this week.

Simply Sara Stampin' said...

So cute LeAnne! How fun is this?! I did another card with this sketch that has squirrels on it too. Thanks for sharing with us at Try Stampin' on Tuesday!