Wednesday, June 1, 2022

In Color Birthday

Hello peeps!  Wow, my schedule is way, way off these days.  Hopefully things will get back to normal some time soon!  Meanwhile, it feels like the middle of August here in SE PA!  Hot, hot hot!!!  We are having a new A/C and heating unit installed...thankfully the technician put the A/C in FIRST!  Woohoo!  Anyway, the Hand Stamped Sentiments challenge this week is to use all the new In Colors:


Sometimes bright colors are a challenge for me, but I decided to challenge myself, and here's what I came up with:


I diecut five Tailor Made tags and the letters from "happy" in all the In Color DSPs and mounted them on the tags.  The sentiment from Biggest Wish was stamped and fussy cut in Memento Black to coordinate with the Basic Black mat.  

I added some DSP "ribbon" at the top of the tags and I diecut a glimmer paper star to add to each one...so fun!  In hindsight, I wish I had raised the letters a wee bit, but it is what it is!  I also used the new Timber EF, which gives it a bit of a masculine feel:


I appreciate your stopping by today!  Enjoy it and be blessed!

I wanted to share a couple of the sympathy cards we got as we mourn Ganae's passing.  This one is from Robyn:


She knows I love those coral hues!  And this one is from my friend Joanne, from across the pond...AND it has an amazing poem on the inside.  One of these days, I'll share it!


I love them both!  Thank you ladies!

Project Details—All Products SU! Unless Otherwise Specified
Stamps Biggest Wish
Card stock & Papers     Basic White, Basic Black, 2022-2024 In Color DSP and Glimmer Papers
 Ink Memento Black
Accessories Dimensionals
Tools     Big Shot, Stitched Rectangle Dies, Tailor Made Tag Dies, Cracker & Treat Box Dies (for the stars), Small Alphabet Dies (Papertrey), Timber Embossing Folder

11 comments:

I Card Everyone said...

LeAnne, you embraced those colors perfectly - and such a fun result! Such a clever 'ribbon' you used, too!
=]

Kampin' Karen said...

Awesome card!

Lisa Elton said...

You used paper for the ribbons, what a brilliant idea! These are both terrific, LeAnne!

Linda Callahan said...

I LOVE this! So bright and crisp! Beautiful!

Stampin Expressions said...

What a cute card! I love how you used the tags and ribbon for the "happy"! A great card for anyone young and old! Thanks for joining with the hand stamped sentiments challenge!

Heather said...

Dang, LeAnne, this is awesome! Love the little paper scraps for "ribbon," what a fab way to show off our gorgeous new colors! Thanks so much for playing at Hand Stamped Sentiments!

Fiona said...

I love this card Leanne - so bright and colourful and great tags. Thanks for joining in with us again at HSS

Joanne James - The Crafty Owl said...

I love this fun and colourful birthday tag card - such a great way to incorporate all of the in-colours. They really pop against the white too. So glad my card arrived safely - I hope the words brought you comfort.

Stampin by Genny said...

Great idea on how you used the in-colors with the tags and ribbon to create a very festive birthday card! I'll have to CASE this one. Thanks so much for joining us at Hand Stamped Sentiments.

Stampin With Leah said...

I LOVE this card! All the little details, tags, ribbons and lettering - it's just perfect. I love how the In Colors go together so well! Thansk for sharing at Hand Stamped Sentiments.

Jenny Engelke said...

Happy is absolutely right when it comes to this birthday card!!! I love the bright new colors against the crisp, white background! Perfection! Thanks for playing along with us at HSS, LeAnne!