Wednesday, June 22, 2022

TCC178 Vintage Shells

Hi stampers!  Happy Wednesday!  Today we have a beautiful new Card Concept challenge, just in time for summer stamping!  Here's the pretty prompt:
For my "clean and layered" card, I decided to pull out a vintage-style 100 Proof Press stamp and use it, along with the colors in the palette, to make a pretty seashell-inspired card:


The card is pretty simple; the shells are stamped in Pool Party on Basic White cardstock, and I ripped the edges for a rustic look.  I ripped some Balmy Blue cardstock to create a mat, then put it on a Crumb Cake card base on which I stamped some "woodgrain" from the retired Gorgeous Grunge:


I added some speckles from Friends are Like Seashells, some thick baker's twine, and a sentiment from Friends are Like Seashells on the inside, since I just couldn't find a place that I like for it on the front!


I have a special friend whose birthday is in August and she loves the beach, so I'll probably save this one for her!  

The design team has come up with some gorgeous creations using our inspiration photo....I hope you'll play along with us at share your "concept" as well at The Card Concept!  This will be our last challenge until fall, so enjoy your summer season and thanks for popping in!


Project Details—All Products SU! Unless Otherwise Specified
Stamps Friends are Like Seashells, Gorgeous Grunge (ret), Shell Plate 17 (100 Proof Press)
Card stock & Papers     Basic White, Balmy Blue, Crumb Cake
 Ink Soft Suede, Pool Party, Crumb Cake, Versamark
Accessories Thick Baker's Twine (ret)
Tools    

3 comments:

I Card Everyone said...

Great card, LeAnne! LOve that sentiment!
=]

Bonnie said...

What a great stamp and perfect for this challenge inspiration, LeAnne! Love the layering with the torn edges and woodgrain backgrounds!

Lisa Elton said...

Terrific clean and layered card, LeAnne! The inside sentiment is the fun!