Thursday, June 30, 2022

FMS542 Say Boo

Happy Thursday peeps!  Wow, can't believe tomorrow is JULY 1st!!  I played around yesterday with one of the new sets that will be coming out in the holiday mini tomorrow, and although I wasn't 100% happy with it, I thought I would share it anyway!  I used the sketch from FMS, flipping the orientation so my little trick-or-treaters wouldn't be marching off my card:

And here we go:


This card really didn't photograph well, not sure why! I stamped my wee little scary ones from Scary Cute in Stazon ink on Smoky Slate cardstock and diecut them with the matching dies from Scary Silhouettes. I added a gold foil moon and some stars to create my little scene:


I used a piece of Smoky Slate for the card base, and I stamped it with one of the shell background stamps from Friends are Like Seashells to create some "clouds"! My horizontal panel is from the new Lights Aglow DSP.  I stamped the sentiments in Stazon and added a sentiment on the inside for my first Halloween card of the year! I would probably have done the main sentiment a little differently, as it almost gets lost on the DSP, but that will be for next time!  

Cassidy has been practicing her baking skills (which is making it hard for me to keep my weight off, LOL!).  Her friend likes carrot cake, so she made a box mix and since she is all about color, created some orange icing for the top:



Baking is such a great skill to learn...you need to know fractions, read and follow directions, learn how to use kitchen tools (especially pot holders, LOL!) and you end up with a yummy treat at the end!  Thanks for visiting today--enjoy it and be blessed!

"Let the word of Christ dwell in you richly as you teach and admonish one another with all wisdom, and as you sing psalms, hymns and spiritual songs with gratitude in your hearts to God.  And whatever you do, whether in word or deed, do it all in the name of the Lord Jesus, giving thanks to God the Father through him." Colossians 3:16-17

Project Details—All Products SU! Unless Otherwise Specified
Stamps Friends are Like Seashells, Scary Cute
Card stock & Papers     Smoky Slate, Basic Black, Lights Aglow DSP, Gold Foil (ret)
 Ink Stazon Black, Smoky Slate, Versamark
Accessories Dimensionals
Tools     Big Shot, Scary Silhouettes Dies, Cracker & Treat Box Dies (for the stars),  3/4" Circle Punch (ret)

6 comments:

I Card Everyone said...

I think it's terrific, LeAnne! Every detail is spooktacular - and that sentiment cracks me up!
Go Cassidy! Culinary school perhaps? I just loved it - and yes there was even a Math class, Grammy!
=]

Lisa Elton said...

Haha, what a cute sentiment, this is adorable! Sweet P loves to bake too and watch cooking shows! Love that these girls enjoy being in the kitchen!

GerriK said...

I don't usually buy Halloween sets because I don't get enough use out of them. However, seeing your card has convinced me I should get this one. This is adorable!!!

Jen Brum said...

This is such a fun Halloween card LeAnne! You're getting a nice early start! Love those sweet little trick or treaters and the "scary" scene! Love that Cassidy is baking! It is such a great skill to have!!!

Jacquie Southas said...

Love the mood of this design, especially your clever shell clouds! Thanks for playing along with us at FMS this week.

Kim S said...

This is wonderful!!! I LOVE Halloween cards (but no one to make them for) and this is such a mix of cute and "scary"! Thank you for playing along with us at Freshly Made Sketches.