Tuesday, June 7, 2022

RRCB184 Retro Baking

Hi stampers!  Time for a new Retro Rubber Challenge where we show our older stamps some love!  This week, Jane has another "retro" challenge....those of us who are a certain age will certainly remember avocado green kitchens with harvest gold appliances, right?!  Who knows, maybe they'll make a comeback!  Anyway, here's her prompt:

 

and since we were chatting about remembering our old kitchens, I thought I'd pull out a stamp from 2017 called Perfect Mix and make a "baking" card!  Here we go:


All the kitchen goodies were stamped in Early Espresso ink on some retired DSPs in Poppy Parade, Cajun Craze, Crushed Curry and Old Olive, then fussy cut and arranged on a Very Vanilla panel:





I added a little scalloped panel and some Old Olive gingham, then added a few matte dots for fun.  I also shaded the elements a bit with some Blends.  I added a simple birthday sentiment on the inside!  When I first saw the challenge, I was a bit stymied, but I ended up really having fun making this card!  Hope you'll find some retro inspiration and play along with us!  Share your project with us at the Retro Rubber challenge blog! Just make sure you use stamps that are at least a year old, and tell us their approximate age! See you there!

Thanks for popping in today...enjoy it and be blessed!

" Better a poor man whose walk is blameless than a rich man whose ways are perverse." Proverbs 28:6

Project Details—All Products SU! Unless Otherwise Specified
Stamps Perfect Mix (2017)
Card stock & Papers     Very Vanilla, Crushed Curry, Old Olive Gingham DSP (ret), DSPs in Poppy Parade, Cajun Craze, Old Olive & Crushed Curry (all ret)
 Ink Early Espresso
Accessories Matte Dots (ret)
Tools     Big Shot, Stitched Retangle Dies, Best Border Dies, Blends

9 comments:

Linda Callahan said...

This is so cute….great colors!

I Card Everyone said...

SO fun! Yes, I do remember those appliance colors - pretty sure my mom's stove and refrigerator were Avocado Green! Your card is darling, and one can easily see how much fun you had making it!
=]

Maria Rodriguez. said...

LeAnne, this color combination looks perfect with these retro images, especially the mixer, I recall a handheld mixer, just like the one on your card, at my maternal grandma's house, that avocado green is unforgettable!! and so very 60"s!!!
Love, love this card.
Stay healthy and safe.
XO

Kampin' Karen said...

I don't even remember this set but it's cute and you made a great card even though stymied at first. Have a blessed day.

Heather said...

Oh gosh, how do I not have this stamp set?? LOVE the look of these tools in our groovy colors, LeAnne, this is just brilliant!

Careen Porter said...

The colors of my one-wall of paper in my kitchen as a new bride in '61 except orange instead of red. Memories!

Lisa Elton said...

Too cute, LeAnne! Yes, I remember those appliance colors. The duplex we lived in when my hubby was in the Air Force had gold appliances!

Wendy said...

I love this card, LeAnne! The colors and design are wonderful and I love that you paper pieced the mixer, grater and oven mitt! I remember the green kitchens and gold appliances! We have come along way since then, haven't we?! TFS and thanks for the walk down memory lane!

Joanne James - The Crafty Owl said...

Whilst these colours are so not my cup of tea, I do love the DSP paper-piecing and I'm always up for a spot of baking!