Tuesday, May 31, 2022

AHSC475 Hand Penned Thank You

Happy Tuesday, everyone!  Hope you had a good weekend.  I believe I had a bit too much picnic food, I need to get back on my food plan this week, LOL!  I did squeak in a wee bit of stamping yesterday before our cookout and used the Atlantic Hearts Sketch:


and the Hand-Penned Petals set along with a bunch of Daffodil Delight DSPs.  Check it out:


I used a Stitched Strip die from Reverse Confetti to diecut a bunch of papers, then laid them out on a scrap of paper before adhering them down.  Once I trimmed it to size, I mounted it on a Basic White card base, then added the floral, stamped in Smoky Slate, Daffodil Delight and Soft Seafoam:


I added a little shading with some ink and a blender pen, then placed a Soft Seafoam diecut behind the flowers.  The sentiment is from Friends are Like Seashells, and the embellishments are Elegant Faceted Gems:

The background was a wee bit labor-intensive, but it didn't take as long as I thought it would, and it was a fun technique!  Thanks for popping in today!

I can't begin to tell you how proud I am of my son-in-law Wayne.  He spoke at Ganae's funeral on Friday and he did such an awesome job...he read scripture, talked briefly about Ganae and her struggles and gave an uplifting message.  He truly was a rock during an extremely difficult week even though he was grieving as much, if not more, than we were.  I was so happy to see him relaxing and playing with Cassidy on Sunday evening, they both needed it:




Please pray for them as they try to get into a new normal.  Enjoy your day and be blessed!


Project Details—All Products SU! Unless Otherwise Specified
Stamps Hand-Penned Petals, Friends are Like Seashells
Card stock & Papers     Basic White, Soft Seafoam DSP, Daffodil Delight DSPs (some ret)
 Ink Smoky Slate, Daffodil Delight, Soft Seafoam
Accessories Elegant Faceted Gems, Dimensionals
Tools     Big Shot, Penned Flowers Dies, All That Dies, Stitched Rectangle Dies, Stitched Strip Dies (Pretty Pink Posh), Blender Pen

12 comments:

Kampin' Karen said...

It's beautiful. I love that strip die! AND yellow!! Blessings to you, my friend.

I Card Everyone said...

I love your bright and cheerful card, LeAnne - what a cool strip die that includes the wonderful stitching!
New normal is hard - it's so good to see that smile, and to see them play again. God bless.
=]

Bonnie said...

That's a lot of cutting and piecing together, LeAnne, but so worth it! Love, love, love all that cheerful yellow!

Tracy Grauer said...

What a nice card and I love that stitched background! Healing prayers for all the family.

Dena J said...

Oh, LeAnne, I LOVE the stitching on those strips! Yummy warm yellows. Thank you so much for sharing with us at Atlantic Hearts Sketch Challenge.

Linda Callahan said...

Wow you are ambitious but the results were worth it! Pretty card! Such a tough loss to
lose a vibrant young person…..

Lisa Elton said...

Love all of those terrific die cut pieces making up this happy card! I pray for sunny, blessed days ahead for your family. Hugs

NJ Stamping Queen said...

Such a lovely monochromatic card! I love your use of the strip dies--what fun. Thanks for playing along with Atlantic Hearts Sketch Challenge this week and for inspiring me today!
:) Marie
AHSC DT

pssmitty papercrafts said...

Your card is beautiful! All the work you did for the background is impressive! I love the bracket you added behind the floral cluster.
Thanks for sharing with Atlantic Hearts Sketch Challenge.
Patty S, Design Team

Anna said...

What a beautiful card. I love all of the patterned papers you included and that you used a similar stitched strip die for the sentiment. The yellows are so pretty. Thank you so much for joining us at the Atlantic Hearts Sketch Challenge this week and look forward to seeing your next creation!
Anna, Design Team

Brandi said...

Absolutely gorgeous! I love the colours, the flower, all of it! Thanks for playing along with Atlantic Hearts Sketch Challenge (AHSC).

Brandi R.
DT member AHSC
crzy4scrapbooking.blogspot.ca

Joanne James - The Crafty Owl said...

I love the sunny yellows on your card and the mix of subtle patterns - so cheery! Congratulations on the win!!