Tuesday, June 14, 2022

AHSC477 Hippo Congrats

Hi stampers!  Happy Tuesday!  I have a sweet little card that I made for a young lady from church who recently graduated. I hope she doesn't think it's too cutesy, but she is a very "youthful" young lady, and I know she and her sisters used to take ballet, so I thought it would be fun!  It uses the new SAB set that will be coming out in July; it's called Hippest Hippos, and it has the cutest set of dies to go with it....I can't wait to play with it some more!  First, I used the Atlantic Hearts sketch:


I pulled out some DSPs from a couple of years ago and here's what I came up with:


I stamped my little ballerina in Memento black ink and colored her with some blends.  I diecut some hearts and mounted her on top with a little wiggly spring-thing....not sure what it's called, but when you touch the hippo, she wiggles back and forth!  So fun!


The sentiment is from Charming Sentiments, diecut with the matching die, but I didn't like how it looked, so I just mounted it on a hand-snipped banner!  I added a "happy graduation" stamp inside and it was done! The card itself is 4 1/4" square.  Hope she likes it!

Making some popsicles....should be interesting!


Thanks for popping in today...enjoy it and be blessed!


Project Details—All Products SU! Unless Otherwise Specified
Stamps Hippest Hippos, Charming Sentiments
Card stock & Papers     Basic White, Terracotta Tile DSP (ret)
 Ink Memento Black
Accessories Dimensionals, Wiggle Spring (unknown)
Tools     Big Shot, Hippo Dies, Stitched Be Mine Dies (ret), Blends, Sentiment Silhouettes Dies

11 comments:

Wendy said...

Such a cutie patootie, LeAnne! This new hippo set is just the sweetest and I love what you have done with it! I bet the young lady at church will love this!

Kampin' Karen said...

Too cute! I think she'll adore it. My wiggle springs are called Wobbles and I got them through Amazon. They are white plastic. Is that what yours look like?

I Card Everyone said...

Can one ever be too old for cutesy? Not me! I think she is tutu cute!
My kids used to make popsicles using an ice cube tray and toothpicks - and fill it with pickle juice!!!!!! I'd eat Cassidy's!
=]

Dena J said...

This is adorable, Leanne, and I'm sure she will love it! The hippo is so cute and on a wobble, too! Thank you for joining us at Atlantic Hearts Sketch Challenge.

Tracy Grauer said...

Such a cute card and what a great idea to use the "little wiggly spring-thing" on her!
And you are never too old for cutesy!

Bonnie said...

This is darling, LeAnne! Wobbles always make a card more fun! Popsicles will be good today if it's as hot there as here!

Vicky Hayes said...

This really made me smile LeAnne! I love the colours and papers too but the star of the show is that adorable hippo and I love the idea of her wiggling in real life! DO let us know how those popsicles turned out!! Vicky x

Lisa Elton said...

Oh I think she'll love it because it's adorable! I hope Cassidy's Popsicles turned out, she's going to need them... goodness gracious it's HOT!

Anna said...

What a cute card. I love the hippo and the patterned papers and colors you used. Thank you for joining us at the Atlantic Hearts Sketch Challenge this week and look forward to seeing you again soon!
Anna, Design Team

Brandi said...

I love this, that little ballerina hippo is so adorable! Thanks for playing along with Atlantic Hearts Sketch Challenge (AHSC).

Brandi R.
DT member AHSC
crzy4scrapbooking.blogspot.ca

Joanne James - The Crafty Owl said...

Love this and a worthy winner!