Tuesday, May 5, 2020

Violets for RRCB134


Hello stampers!  It's Tuesday, and time for another Retro Rubber Challenge!  Look at this pretty prompt!  I'll bet you all have some lovely older floral stamps that would appreciate getting inky!!!

Image may contain: plant and flower

I first used this Flourishes violet stamp set on my blog back in 2010, so it's at least ten years old!  I inked it up in Stazon Black on some watercolor paper and went to work with my aquapainters and ink:


Even though it's a bit intricate, it's a fairly easy image to color in!  I diecut it with a Nested Label die, then mounted it some complementing layers of Mellow Moss DSP and Purple Posy.  I stamped some of the single violets on a Highland Heather card base and adhered the layers to it.


I diecut the sentiment from the Smooth Sailing dies, adhered it on the front, and added some sequins and Mossy Meadow ribbon to finish it off.


When I was a little girl, violets were always something that grew in our yard in the spring, and I remember picking them to give to my mom and grandmother!  Such sweet memories!  I hope you'll share you spring flowers with us at Retro Rubber this week too!  Just make sure your stamps are at least a year old, and tell us their age!  See you at the blog! Thanks for popping in today!

And speaking of spring activities, you can tell the difference between what little girls do in the spring (pick flowers) and what little boys do in the spring; these are my nephews in the little creek that runs behind their mom-mom and pop-pop's house:


They were with their cousins and let me tell you, the mud was flying!  Running, jumping, splashing, muck everywhere!  And there was a little girl in the mix too, LOL!  Enjoy your day and be blessed! 

Project Details—All Products SU! Unless Otherwise Specified
Stamps Violets (Flourishes)
Card stock & Papers     Highland Heather, Purple Posy, Best Dressed DSP, Fluid 100 Watercolor
 Ink Stazon, Highland Heather, Gorgeous Grape, Daffodil Delight, Old Olive, Mossy Meadow
Accessories Mossy Meadow Ribbon (ret), Dimensionals, Sequins from my Stash
Tools     Big Shot, Tufted EF, Ornate Layers Dies, Nested Labels Dies, Smooth Sailing Dies, Aquapainter

18 comments:

gabriella said...

Wow, what a great card. I love the stamp and the coloring. I also like how you tied the base of the card in with the subtle stamping

Maria Rodriguez. said...

Oh LeAnne, I have this gorgeous Flourishes set, it was released back in April of 2009 and I bought it shortly after.
I love these little flowers, I always plant them in a small flower bed in the back of the house by the garage door, I can see them from my laundry room window.
I love that you colored this beauties purple, that is my favorite color and it combines so perfectly with the green of the leaves.
Love your stamped background and the fabulous layers on your card.
Beautiful card, teammie.
XO
Maria.
PS. Seeing those sweet and muddy little kids frolicking in that mud brought sweet memories of my grandkids doing just that after a good rain.

Anonymous said...

Such a sweet and full of Spring card LeAnne...OMG...don’t you just love those little “mud munchkins.” At first, I thought his left leg was a Gator....just saw one last week on the golf course right where I was going to hit my ball...no no no...I pitched that ball..Have a beautiful day and Be Well

I Card Everyone said...

Would you believe our neighbors put down week killer to kill those violets?? LOL I guess they can get a wee bit out of control... but not if you have a sweet little girl who picks them for you!
I adore this stamp, and your gorgeous card … but the mud-larking is making me smile ear-to-ear!
=]

Cindy Beach said...

Such a beautiful card, LeAnne! Got a huge smile out of those mud urchins!

Kampin' Karen said...

Your violets are colored beautifully. I've been looking for a violet stamp and couldn't find one I liked until now. I'll see if I can find that one. The boys are so darn cute but I'd hate to have to give them a bath!

Vicky Hayes said...

I love violets LeAnne! They turn up in my garden wherever they seed themselves and I'm always happy to see them. Your nephews are so funny! Vicky x

Barb Finnical said...

Such a pretty card LeAnne! I love how the dark colors on the background show off the colors in the flowers. The pretty edge on the mat is so nice too. And I especially love the photos of your nephews! Perfect for spring!

Lisa Elton said...

How PRETTY are your violets ~ swoon!! But those little creek invaders are stealing the spotlight, oh goodness!!

Bonnie said...

These violets are so pretty, LeAnne! LOL, those boys look like they are having a ball!

Liz Williams said...

I love that stamp and it is part of my collection of Marcella Hawley's sets she did for Flourishes. I was so happy seeing it being used on this challenge. You have motivated me to head to my stamproom and look through that old cherished collection for this week's challenge here on Retro challenge. Although I still get tempted to purchase new stamps, I never get rid of any of the ones I have collected because I still love them so. That's what I love about this challenge. Letting some of those older stamps get a little love and recognition on the net.

Carol L said...

This card is just STUNNNING! Purple and green is my favorite color combo, and this is colored to perfection! I love the great design you came up with and thanks for reminding me that my Flourishes stamps are still here and waiting for a little love! I love the picture of the mud frolicking boys too - it's actually fun to see boys being boys and permitted to get dirty. I'm just glad I'm not the one who has to clean them up! LOL

Greta said...

Love all your layers & beautiful coloring of that sweet floral image!

Linda Callahan said...

I love violets - this is gorgeous! Nothing better than a mud bath...lol...

lisa808 said...

I love violets (and purple!). Beautiful card and coloring.

Jan Clothier said...

What a stunner! Those violet - just amazing! And the way you've layered it up really frames it beautifully.

Joanne James - The Crafty Owl said...

Love those pretty violets (you are rocking all things purple lately!!) As for your nephews - priceless, I love it!!

Claire Grantham said...

I am loving the photo of the kids in the mud, that would SO be me! LOL. I love your card, the layers are wonderful, but the best bit for me is that you continued your splatter onto the sentiment banner, such a lovely touch. Cx