Saturday, May 2, 2020

Jingle Belles Sketch


Happy Saturday, everyone!  Wow, the sun is shining, what a surprise!  DH is out mowing, so between loads of laundry, I am sneaking into my craft room to create a Christmas card with the Jingle Belles sketch:


I was honored to win some goodies from the Jingle Belles recently, and one of the packs I chose from Lauren's etsy store was some Christmas goodies....they were amazing, too!  Lots of cool book pages, tags and other goodies.  I chose a page from a Christmas book, trimmed down the image, matched it with some images and papers and this is what I came up with:


I stamped these little "elves" on the same book page, as there was just enough margin for me to cut out a tag, then mounted it on some Basic Gray paper and trimmed it around the tag, then added a sentiment from a past Paper Pumpkin kit:


I dug waaaaay back in my embellishment stash and came up with some little stick-on hologram-type gems to create my swirl; they are hard to see, they sort of blend with the banners on the paper:


My borders were some SU ribbon and a die-cut border from Riding Hood Red on top of some Christmas DSP:


and I used another PP sentiment and embellishment for the inside:


This was a fun card to create!  And I have another one for my stash!  Thanks for popping in today and be sure to come back tomorrow for a new Paper Players challenge!  Enjoy your day and be blessed!



Project Details—All Products SU! Unless Otherwise Specified
Stamps Paper Pumpkin Christmas set, Stocking Elves (Cornish Heritage Farms), all ret.
Card stock & Papers     Very Vanilla, Naturals White (ret), Basic Gray, Riding Hood Red (ret), Christmas book page, Mad 4 Plaid DSP (Photoplay)
 Ink Memento Black, Riding Hood Red (ret), Smoky Slate
Accessories Stickers, Grosgrain Ribbon (ret), Linen Thread, Dimensionals, Black Trim (ret)
Tools     Big Shot, Arts and Crafts Dies, Stitched Rectangle Dies, Tag Punch (ret)

6 comments:

Vickie said...

Love this LeAnne...love that paper or page from book...the tag is such a great idea. I still have some of those that you sent me when we shared Vintage stamps.

Carol L said...

This is one outstanding card - something so unique and fun that I've never seen before! I LOVE the scribble background sky and Christmas lights on the houses, and the little tag is just adorable! Beautiful and fun Christmas card. BTW, I love Cassidy's new haircut - she's growing up so fast :)

Joanne James - The Crafty Owl said...

This is lovely LeAnne - the tag compliments the paper beautifully and I just love the touches of red - what a great way to showcase new goodies!

SmilynStef said...

how cool that you used Lauren's goodies for your sketch ... the tag is absolute perfection ... always happy with you get sketchy with the Belles.

Linda Callahan said...

Wow this is so unique! Wonderful holiday card....love that background!

lauren bergold said...

you know, i saw this in the thumbnails and thought it looked vaguely familiar lol... what a BRILLIANT use of that xmas book page, and of course i'm thrilled to see it being used in a for real card! well done you, it's a lovely take on the sketch also! so pleased you could join our SKETCH-mas fun at JINGLE BELLES! ♥