Monday, May 25, 2020

Patriotic Congrats

Happy Memorial Day to all my American friends!  No parades this year, no John marching in his uniform, but as I said yesterday, my nephew is due to graduate from West Point, so I decided to make him a congrats card to celebrate the day.  He was commissioned on Friday and will graduate in June, so I'll save it to send to him at that time!  I used an old favorite Artistic Outpost stamp called Hero to make my vintage-inspired card:


My card base is the new In Color, Misty Moonlight....I love it, of course, I love almost any blue!!  It's a bit softer than Night of Navy, but coordinates nicely with it.  I stamped my image twice, once in Night of Navy and again in Merry Merlot.  I fussy-cut the striped portion out and adhered it to the Navy image.  I found some star-patterned paper in my stash, and added a border of diecut stars backed with Merry Merlot:


The sentiment is from Label Me Bold, stamped in Merry Merlot, cut closely and mounted on a Stitched Rectangle diecut.  On the inside, I really didn't have any sentiments to convey how proud we are of him, so I diecut some Merry Merlot letters and applied them to a stitched star diecut, then added some of the stars from the front:


We are proud of him!  I am entering this in the Double D Challenge this week, which is the letter "M"...my "M" is for military!

Thanks for popping by today!  We are going to have a little cookout with Dana, Wayne and Cassidy, so I am very much looking forward to that!  John got all the patio furniture and grill out, so we're all set!  I hope you have a wonderfully blessed holiday.  We pray today for the families of all the ones who paid the ultimate sacrifice for our country! God bless America!



Project Details—All Products SU! Unless Otherwise Specified
Stamps Label Me Bold, Hero (Artistic Outpost)
Card stock & Papers     Whisper White, Merry Merlot, Misty Moonlight, Misc DSP
 Ink Night of Navy, Merry Merlot
Accessories Dimensionals
Tools     Big Shot, Stitched Rectangle Dies, Mini Treat Bag Die (ret), Alphabet Dies (Papertrey), Star Die (Paper Rose)

10 comments:

Kampin' Karen said...

Fantastic card! So glad you're able to be with family.

Carol L said...

This is just the perfect card for your nephew's graduation from West Point! The softer shades of red, white, and blue look fabulous on this great card design! Enjoy your memorial day :)

I Card Everyone said...

Congrats to your nephew, and to you for creating the most patriotic vintage card I've seen, LeAnne... so wonderful!
=]

Bonnie said...

An awesome card for your nephew, LeAnne! Happy Memorial Day!

Tracy Grauer said...

Great card, LeAnne! I love anything red, white and blue! Congratulations to your nephew! What a wonderful accomplishment! Happy Memorial Day and thank you to John for his service to our country.

Linda Callahan said...

Love the new blue! Beautiful card for Memorial Day! And yes - strange year with no parades for sure!

Lisa Elton said...

A huge congratulations to your nephew!! Your card is fantastic, so perfect for him1

Vicky Hayes said...

Aw, you must be so proud! What a VERY patriotic card with the red white and blue and that great image. Lovely to see the Misty Moonlight being used too! Vicky x

Darlene said...

BEAUTIFUL military card and congrats to your nephew LeAnne! You must be so proud of him! Thanks so much for joining in the fun at our Double D ‘Begins with “M”’ challenge! Good Luck and we hope you’ll come back often.
Darlene
DOUBLE D Challenge Blog
DAR’S CRAFTY CREATIONS
Please stop in for a visit!

Amelia Breytenbach said...

Such a beautiful card. Love the layout and the colours, so very pretty. Thanks for sharing with us at Double "D" Challenges.
Amelia (DT Double "D" Challenges)