Saturday, May 9, 2020

Three for Three


Happy Saturday, peeps!  I should be cleaning but instead I am posting three cards for three challenges that I made yesterday; I was intent on using some of the Ornate Garden Suite products!  Here's the first one, and it uses a sketch from Fab Friday:


I used a sentiment from Here's a Card, and I did some tricky die-cutting with the Ornate Layers die to make it smaller:


 Some flowers and "greenery" were diecut with the Ornate Borders dies, then it was embellished with some ribbon from the Ribbon Combo Pack:



The next one uses a similar layout, but the color palette from Just Add Ink:


This was a bit of an experiment, and I am still not quite sure if I like this or not....lately I have been gravitating more to white backgrounds, but I think Rococo Rose is such a pretty shade, I thought I'd try embossing the large Ornate Style image in white craft ink, then doing some coloring with a blender pen and inks:


Just not sure about those gray leaves!  Anyway, I wanted to see how the embossing would hold up if I embossed it with the Subtle EF; not too bad, but it does take away a little of the detail:


For my sentiment, I diecut a Smoky Slate piece using the Stitched Labels dies, then did some more tricky diecutting with a Stitched Rectangle die so my sentiment could peek through:


Finally, another sketch challenge from TGIF:


I think this gold and Mint pattern from the Ornate Garden DSP is beautiful, so I used it for the back panel, embossed some Gold Foil with Gold embossing powder and used a feather from Positive Thoughts:



I heat embossed the sentiment in Gold as well, then I tucked in some Gold Thread behind the leaves, and although it's hard to see, there is a vellum piece at the top and bottom of the layers; another diecut from Stitched Labels dies, trimmed down to the very edge:




 Since my kitchen floor is calling to be mopped, I'll not do my "recipes" today, but if you have any questions, shoot me an email!  Enjoy your day and be blessed!










11 comments:

Wendy said...

They are all gorgeous, LeAnne! I love the Ornate Suite! Happy Cleaning Day! We are painting the basement....not fun at all! Stay warm....winter has made a comeback!

I Card Everyone said...

A triple treat today, LeAnne … three beautiful cards!
Happy Mother's Day, my friend!
=]

Elizabeth Price said...

All three cards are deliciously gorgeous! I especially love the mint with the gold. The combo is so rich and classy. Thanks for joining us at TGIF. Smiles, Elizabeth

Heather said...

Oh, beautiful, LeAnne, simply perfect layers! I am fascinated by the second card, too - such gorgeous colors I would never have tried, lol, live and learn! Thanks so much for playing at Fab Friday!

Linda Callahan said...

Wow you have been a busy girl! Your cards are lovely....who wants to clean anyway?

stampwithamyk said...

I love your cards! The floral DSP and die cuts are stunning. Love the colors too! Thanks for joining us at Fab Friday, hope to see you again soon!

Joanne James - The Crafty Owl said...

Love all of these - what a productive card session! Great to see this suite used in so many different ways, it really demonstrates its versatility. You know what they say - there’s always tomorrow for cleaning (and ironing in my house)!

Kampin' Karen said...

All three are lovely but I especially like the last one because of the design.

Amanda Mertz said...

Beautiful group of cards! I love the stitched details on all the layers on your first card...and the sentiment label is perfect! I love the tone on tone coloring of the large floral image on your second card! Great use of our sketch on both cards! Thanks for sharing at Fab Friday!

Chantell Randall said...

All great cards using the Ornate Garden products. I like the CAS style of all of them. I also love how your house work was put on hold for your post....hee hee, that's what I do too! Chantell Just Add Ink

KimB said...

Lovely cards LeAnne. I really like the flowers white embossed over the Rose, and the hints of colour you added really help to add some extra definition! Thanks for joining us at Just Add Ink this week. Kim