Sunday, May 10, 2020

PP490 Shine Like Stars


Happy Sunday, everyone, and Happy Mother's Day to all the moms, stepmoms and pet moms out there!  Celebrations will be a wee bit different this year, for sure!  But we will make do!

Claire is our Paper Players hostess and she has chosen a bright, vivid color palette for this week's challenge:


Such happy cheerful colors!  I had to think on them a while, but finally came up with a clean graphic design; it's not a CAS challenge, but I thought the colors would look good just the way the were:


You might recognize the sketch from Cas(e) This Sketch:


I've been sorting and organizing all my stamp sets this week, and when I saw the retired Banner Blessings had this verse from Philippians, I knew I wanted to incorporate it into the star in the sketch!  



I cut a star using a die my sweet friend Debbie gave me, then stamped and fussy-cut the verse out of matching Melon Mambo ink.  I embossed the card with a star EF, added some stitched layers top and bottom, and it was done!  

These colors can be used for an array of occasions, and I hope you'll play along with us!  Be sure to stop by the Paper Players blog to see what the design team came up with!  Thanks for popping in today!



Project Details—All Products SU! Unless Otherwise Specified
Stamps Banner Blessings (ret)
Card stock & Papers     Whisper White, Pool Party, Melon Mambo, Granny Apple Green
 Ink Melon Mambo
Accessories Dimensionals
Tools     Big Shot, Stitched Rectangle Dies,  Star EF (ret), Stitched Star Die (Paper Roses)

16 comments:

Joanne James - The Crafty Owl said...

Love your bold blocks of colour and the words of scripture compliment your star perfectly! Happy Mother’s Day wishes to you!

Vickie said...

Nice color combo....lovely pic of Dana and Cassidy

Carol L said...

Happy Mother's day to both you and your daughter! That's a wonderful interpretation of the sketch and use of colors, and also a fabulous photo of your daughter and granddaughter! Wishing you the best possible day!

Kampin' Karen said...

Love the colors Claire picked and your use of them. Your fussy cutting skills are amazing. I have this stamp set but forgot about it. Thank you for bringing it to the forefront. Love your card. Happy Mother's Day to you and Dana. Your girls are beautiful.

Vicky Hayes said...

I absolutely love this LeAnne and oh my goodness, I'm impressed at you fussy cutting the Banner Blessings sentiment! It looks fantastic against the die cut star and I love the use of bold colours too. Happy Mother's Day - you must be so proud of your girls! I bet they'll find a way to make you feel special :)
Vicky x

Claire Broadwater said...

Happy Mother's Day, My Friend! Thank you for making my colors shine with this gorgeous card! I love the embossed panel and that big, pink stat is amazing! I love the sentiment! It makes me smile! Your girls are gorgeous! Have a great week!

I Card Everyone said...

I surely did recognize that Sketch, my friend! I'm tickled pink that you've played along again this week … and so beautifully!
Happy Mother's Day, sweet friend!
=]

Linda Callahan said...

Bright and beautiful.....like those two gorgeous girls in the picture....

Ann Schach said...

Clean and sassy, LeAnne! What a perfect way to showcase the challenge colors! I love the star theme. Happy Mother's Day!

Lisa Elton said...

These are such happy colors and I love the way you've used them! Happy Mother's Day to you sweet friend!!

Anita in France said...

Bold, graphic, contemporary, LeAnne ... and deliciously vibrant ... the verse is fabulous across the star! Anita :)

Stamps-N-Lingers said...

Yes - love this verse and the way you've interpreted it on a card is perfect! Really like the addition of the star-embossed background to bring the whole theme home! :)

Jaydee said...

LeAnne, I love your bright, bold card. I also love the large focal element echoed by the stars embossing folder. Fabulous take on both the sketch and the challenge colors.
hugs
jaydee

Allisa said...

Great card, love the stars embossing folder!

laurie said...

Love how you used the colors...awesome card! Awesome pic of your girls too!

Stef Perry said...

What a fun way to use the challenge colors with bold blocks and that big star! I would have never guessed you fussy cut the sentiment, it looks fantastic and so perfect across the star. Fabulous card, LeAnne!