Tuesday, August 21, 2012

ColourQ151

DSCF6190-001

Happy Tuesday, everyone!  Another ColourQ challenge is upon us….check out this awesome palette from Arielle:

cqc151

I have been impatiently awaiting a time that I could ink up a cute little Halloween set I got at the end of last year, and this seemed like a good time!

LeAnne_CQC151-001

I paper pieced her dress and colored the rest of her with Copics.  The cute little sentiment is a gift from my friend Martha!!  I love it!  And can you see the little stars surrounding her?

DSCF6191

They were stamped in Versamark, then heat embossed with Heat & Stick powder, then sprinkled with Dazzling Diamonds glitter and reheated!!  Cute!  It also uses the RetroSketches sketch 25 from this week:

I so hope you can play along with this fun challenge, and make sure you fly on over to the ColourQ blog to see what how the other designers interpreted these colors!  FUN stuff!

Cassidy loves to help fill the bird feeders:

DSCF6108

DSCF6109 DSCF6111

And while we were playing on the patio the other day, I managed to snap this unusual shot:

DSCF6147

Unusual for ME, at least…these little hummers are fast!

14 comments:

Linda said...

I love what you did with these colors and the sketch LeAnne. I like the way you paper pieced the little witch.

I also enjoyed the pics of Cassidy. My son (much older than her) has recently doscovered bird watching and set up a few feeders in our yard. We also added a hummingbird feeder but haven't seen any yet. I'll have to share these pics with him!!

Tracey McNeely said...

Such a spooky sweet witch, love that amazing rick rack! I have never been able to snap a shot of a Hummingbird--amazing!

Linda said...

Your pictures are wonderful. I need Cassidy here. The squirrels empties the feeder faster that the birds. I could fill it every other day. I love the humming bird picture.
Your card is soooo cute. The is the cutest witch.

Kara said...

great capture!! I LOVE hummingbirds so much!!

Unknown said...

So so cute, LeAnne! Love that little witch! The stars you did are so awesome, great sparkle! I bet I know a cute little pumpkin who might be receiving this card! :) Hope you have a great day my friend! :)

Unknown said...

I would have never thought to use these colors on a Halloween card. I love this little witch. And the sentiment is perfect.

Carol L said...

I just LOVE this color combo - what a fabulous card! Love the photo of the hummingbird too, great camera work!

Elaine M said...

What a darling card!!! Love every thing about it!! Hugs to sweet Miss C.

jaydee said...

LeAnne, this works so beautifully. I LOVE this image. I love the little sparkly stars and that you mixed the copic coloring with the paper piecing. I love the bold, graphic feel of the card.
Love your hummer, too!
Jaydee

Darlene Gabriel said...

Wow great picture of the hummingbird.
Fun colours on your card. I like the paper piecing.
Cassidy feeding the birds......how sweet!

Denise Marzec said...

Totally cute, LeAnne!

Lucille K said...

Amazing, just love your card and all the details :)

Bev Gomez said...

Love your with card. Very cute. the Hummingbird is beautiful. I saw one out my window the other day but my plants are dead except for hollyhocks. Have a love day my dear friend. Hugs, Bev

Karen said...

Love your card and the photos, especially the GREEN grass. Our's is brown as we are in extreme drought.
Cassidy is growing so fast.