Today is a dreary, rainy day again and all I want to do is lay on the couch and veg! But I do have a "mix" of things I have been working on to show you. Then I am off to pack up for stamp club tonight!
The first one is a masculine sympathy card--very plain & simple. I used my nesties to cut and emboss, something I forget to do sometimes! But my friend Dana had been asking about it, so I thought I would try it out. See what you think:
- Stamps: Winds of Grace, Essential Sentiments, MFT
- Paper: Sage Shadow, WW, Handsome Hunter, Autumn Vine DP
- Ink: Sage Shadow, Handsome Hunter
- Acc: Sage Shadow grosgrain, Nesties, dimensionals
My next one uses an embossed PTI Christmas tree I had sitting on my desk, unused from a previous project. I bought this CB folder (whose name escapes me) a while back and finally used it after seeing so many nice things with it. AND I broke into my BG Wassail!!! To bring out the embossing, I rubbed my Encore gold pad over the embossed areas, which really gave it a neat effect.
I feel like that star on top makes it unbalanced....so maybe I'll do it again a little differently!
- Stamps: Believe, PTI
- Paper: Bravo Burgundy, Brushed Bold, Basic Grey Wassail
- Ink: Versamark, Craft Bravo Burgundy, Encore Gold
- Acc: Clear EP, Gold EP, Heat Tool, CB Small Labels Die, Burgundy Grosgrain, Gold Cord (ret SU), Dimensionals, CB folder
My final card was a CASE (sort of) after I saw this card by Michelle on Paper Planet. SO CUTE! I remembered I had this stamp, so I set off to do today's SCS challenge with it. I just used a plain corner rounder, and poor Elzy has a severe case of sunburn.....don't ask! But I love this BG Two Scoops paper and I had just enough to use on this card:
I had seen someone use a filigree brad and a regular brad with a snowflake, sorry I can't remember but if I figure it out, I'll give credit. I had some sugar-coated brads that matched my DP, so I paired it with a snowflake glittered in Dazzling Diamonds! The snow is all glittered up too! TFL!
- Stamps: A Winter Song, Merry Christmas, Elzybells
- Paper: Baja Breeze, Sage Shadow, BG Two Scoops, Watercolor
- Ink: Stazon, Baja Breeze, Craft White
- Acc: Markers, Corner Rounder, Piercer, Martha Stewart snowflake punch, Wide Baja Grosgrain, Sage Shadow Grosgrain, DD Glitter, Filigree Brad, Sugar-coated Brad