Tuesday, November 11, 2008

Get Well Dots

Well, I am home from my long weekend at Cape May, NJ, and I have been rewarded with a jumbo case of laryngitis!!  When you're a talker like me, this is AWFUL!  Luckily, I "rested" my voice last night and it is slowly coming back.  I stamped a little last night as I needed a special get-well card for a sweet lady at our church, and so I combined it with the Our Creative Corner challenge, which was to make a card inspired by this yummy Martha Stewart cupcake:

Holly Cupcakes

I didn't do a literal interpretation, although I do have some new cupcake stamps that would have fit the bill!   I got out some retired stamps--one is REALLY old--and did some polka dotted flowers and sentiment for our friend:

 

 

OCCC Get Well 2

So why don't you check out the OCCC and play along!  And remember that tomorrow is the Color Throwdown Challenge!!  Now off to finish all the chores I missed this weekend and mail my card--no, it's Veteran's Day, no mail today!!  (Put out your flag!)   Thanks for visiting and have a wonderful day!

  • Stamps:  Polka Dot Posies, Dotted Greetings
  • Paper:  WW, Real Red, Gable Green
  • Ink:  Real Red, Green Galore
  • Acc:  Craft Knife, Paper Piercer, Nesties, Circle Punches, Wide Grosgrain Ribbon, Swiss Dots CB Folder, Dimensionals

6 comments:

Juanita said...

I love your take on this challenge picture. I played long too, but didn't even think to work with the polka dots!

Kim said...

Lovely and yummy card, LeAnne!

Denise Marzec said...

I love your polka-dot flower for the inspiration challenge. Awesome!

Sue said...

This is a super sweet card. I love it and your friend will, too.

Sam said...

Fabulous card LeAnne! So pretty and cheerful.

Sam.

Kay Kalthoff said...

Polka Dot Posies is one of my favorite stamp sets! I love these colors, too.
Kay