Hah! I bet you thought this would be a white card, didn't you? I decided to play the color challenge at Paper Craft Planet, which was White, Riding Hood Red, Really Rust and Basic Gray:
Isn't this beautiful? So how come my card doesn't look so hot??!! I also was doing the Ways to Use It Challenge at SCS, which was to use watercolor paper. Well, I watercolor all the time, but since I was limited in my colors, I thought I would stamp my basket of fruit in Really Rust craft ink and just highlight behind it. So it looks kind of albino-ish, or maybe skeletal!! I think I should have stamped the image in Going Gray, but I don't have craft ink, and I didn't want it to bleed! Anyway, I do like the color combo, just not particularly with this image, so maybe I'll try again. I also had no gray ribbon, so I died some Mellow Moss gingham ribbon with my Going Gray marker!! The copper brads were a tad bit too bright for the look I was going for, so I dabbed them in craft Close to Cocoa and dried them with my heat tool for a duller look.
Since Stampin' Up! has a rub-on promotion going on right now (click here for details), and I have a workshop tonight, I thought I would make a couple samples using rub-ons:
This is my favorite! No stamping on the outside at all, just rub-ons! To cover up the edges of the wide ribbon on the inside, I added another panel and also stamped an image from Eastern Blosoms:
This is a square card measuring 4 1/4".
- I am working on a couple other things besides cards on which to apply the rub-ons. Hopefully I can share them later! Have a great day--it is raining buckets here but it is a perfect day to stamp!
- Stamps, Card 1: Thanksgiving Blessings, Linen (ret SU)
- Paper: Really Rust, Riding Hood Red, Watercolor, Text. Basic Gray, Brushed Copper
- Ink: Craft Really Rust, Craft Close to Cocoa, Really Rust, Going Gray, Riding Hood Red, Stazon
- Acc: Copper Brads, punch, Going Gray marker, Gingham Ribbon, Heat Tool, Distresser, Aquapainter
- Stamps, Card 2: Eastern Blossoms
- Paper: Baja Breeze, Urban Garden DP, Bella Rose DP
- Ink: Chocolate Chip
- Acc: Hidden Garden Rub-ons, Wide & Narrow Grosgrain, Filigree Brad
On a final note, for real, I saw a partially-albino crow in my yard today. I have seen him before, but he was really close today, but I wasn't able to get a photo. I am going to keep trying--he is quite odd-looking, but he seems to fit in with his cohorts just fine!