What great colors Tammy has picked this week! Lovely fall colors of Elegant Eggplant (which I don't use enough), More Mustard, Sage Shadow & Ruby Red:
I went a little outside my usual style for this card--I love these colors, but I didn't want to do a watercolored image, and I wanted all the colors to have equal exposure. I also "challenged" myself to use some chipboard. I found a WHOLE SHEET of alphabet chipboards I received at convention and forgot I had! Yikes! So I incorporated that into my card as well. Here it is:
Each color has been punched with the Square Scallop punch and stamped with the little vine from Fresh Cuts. The chipboard letter is covered in DP from Autumn Vine. I added a couple ribbon accents along with a little button from the Button Bouquet. It even has a tiny Eggplant "ribbon" threaded through the holes.
So, let's see what you can come up with using these beautiful colors! Post a comment on the Color Throwdown blog and link your own creation so we can all see it. Or, if you prefer to post on an online forum, use the keyword "CTD20". Here's what the other designers did this week:
- Broni - Splashes of Watercolor
- Kisa - Kisa's Paper Cuts
- Tammy - Stamp Happy
- Cathy - Crafty Thoughts
- Kimberly - For the Love of Paper
Thanks for visiting, hope you're able to play along!
- Stamps: Fresh Cuts, Falling for You, MFT
- Paper: Kraft, Elegant Eggplant, More Mustard, Sage Shadow, Ruby Red, Watercolor, Autumn Vine DP
- Ink: Elegant Eggplant, More Mustard, Sage Shadow, Ruby Red, Stazon
- Acc: Square Scallop Punch, Corner Rounder, Sponge Daubers, Grosgrain Ribbon, Button Bouquet, On Board Loads of Letters, Dimensionals, sanding block