Thursday, September 29, 2022

Sending Hugs

Happy Thursday, peeps!  If you're down in the southeastern portion of the US, we're praying for you!  We have been getting a lot of wind here in PA, but nothing compared to what's happening there!

A sweet lady from church is recovering from a fall and subsequent hip surgery, so I thought I'd send a get well message using the sketch from CAS Colours & Sketches as well as the monochromatic challenge from SUO Challenges:

 

I chose neutrals as my color scheme...I was thinking that maybe as a get-well, I should have used something brighter and more cheery, but I had already begun and hopefully she'll like it regardless!  So here we go:


I used Very Vanilla and Sahara Sand cardstocks, and Sahara Sand ink for the foliage, which is from Forever Fern and Eden's Garden.  The sentiment was stamped in Soft Suede:


I tied a little Linen Thread bow to my foliage for an extra embellishment.  Here's the inside, and I added another extra diecut as well:

Thanks for popping in today!

Wayne is on a business trip in Washington state, checking out the apples!  He must be getting a bird's-eye view as he snagged a helicopter ride!

Fun!  Thanks for popping in today---enjoy it and be blessed!


Project Details—All Products SU! Unless Otherwise Specified
Stamps Eden's Garden, Forever Fern
Card stock & Papers     Very Vanilla, Sahara Sand
 Ink Sahara Sand, Soft Suede
Accessories Linen Thread, Dimensionals
Tools     Big Shot, Stylish Shapes Dies, Layering Circles Dies, Forever Flourishing Dies, Tasteful Textile EF

9 comments:

I Card Everyone said...

Those neutrals make me feel so happy and I'm not even ailing, LeAnne! Gorgeous card that your friend is going to love - especially after she reads that inside sweetness!
=]

Joanne James - The Crafty Owl said...

I think this is a lovely collection of neutrals LeAnne - and quite serene and calm, so perfect for restful get well vibes! Thanks for sharing with us over at CAS Colours and Sketches this week!

Bonnie said...

This is so serene and uplifting, LeAnne! You had the perfect sentiment to pair with these pretty neutral colors!

Heather said...

So pretty, LeAnne, your friend is sure to feel loved! Love this classy neutral look - beautiful stitched frame! Thanks so much for playing at SU Only!

Vicky Hayes said...

Such an elegant card in those neutrals and I'm sure your friend will be soothed by it! Love the dimension the leaves and twine give the design. Vicky x

Michal said...

I love the quiet feeling of this card, the colors you chose work so well together! Thank you for joining us this week at CC&S!

Cindy Coutts @ Cindy B Designs said...

LeAnne, stunning and beautifully soft card. Thank you so much for playing along with us at SUOChallenges.com and we hope to see you again for our new challenge tomorrow!

angelstamps said...

Your choice of soft neutrals for the monochromatic card makes a perfect get well card. It is just evokes a sense of peace.

Christy Lynn said...

I think your get well card looks amazing in neutrals, LeAnne! Love how the Very Vanilla cardstock makes everything feel softer than Whisper White would. Thanks for playing along with us at SUO Challenges!