Tuesday, September 6, 2022

AHS489 Will's Birthday Hat

 Happy Tuesday, peeps! Doesn't it sort of feel like Monday?!  It will be a short work week, right?  I have a fun card using the Atlantic Hearts Sketch challenge for this week:


This one was a bit of a puzzler for me!  Since I needed a birthday card for my nephew Will, who is in the army, instead of all different colors for the background, I chose red and blue and added a white banner and a tan hat:

I got this Hats Off set and die at the end of last year and of course, it retired!  So this is my first time using it!  Such a fun set too!  I used different DSPs, cutting them with the Stylish Shapes dies and adhering them to a 6" x 4 1/8" card, then added my hat and white mat on which I stamped some sentiments from Your Biggest Fan:


I added a couple of stars and adhesive metallic brads to the front of the hat, stamped a sentiment on the inside, and it's ready to go.  I might just have to make a batch of chocolate chip cookies to send along with it!


While on vacation, we took an evening cruise out through the bay to see some lighthouses.  We also saw dophins and a pelican!  The sunset and clouds were beautiful:




Thanks for visiting today!  Enjoy it and be blessed!

 "And God said, “Let the water under the sky be gathered to one place, and let dry ground appear.” And it was so.  God called the dry ground “land,” and the gathered waters he called “seas.” And God saw that it was good." Genesis 1:9-10


Project Details—All Products SU! Unless Otherwise Specified
Stamps Hats Off, Your Biggest Fan (both retired)
Card stock & Papers     Basic White, Pacific Point, Real Red, Kraft, Pacific Point DSP, Real Red DSP, Celebrate Everything DSP
 Ink Real Red, Memento Black, Pacific Point
Accessories Dimensionals, Adhesive Metallic Brads
Tools     Big Shot, Stylish Shapes Dies, Hat Builder Dies (ret)

8 comments:

Bonnie said...

What a great hat, LeAnne, and a great mix of papers!

I Card Everyone said...

Such a fun card, and a gorgeous view of your cruise! Thanks for sharing, LeAnne!
=]

Dena J said...

That's an awesome hat! I love your choice of red, white and blue. Thank you for sharing your project with us at Atlantic Hearts Sketch Challenge.

Lisa Elton said...

Terrific card for your nephew, LeAnne! Love the cruise photos too. We enjoying vacations where lighthouse photo ops are involved!

Tracy Blackburn said...

A great design and I love your choice of colours. I think that you did a wonderful creation with the sketch.

pssmitty papercrafts said...

Love this card & love the red/white/blue paper choices!
Thanks for sharing with Atlantic Hearts Sketch Challenge.
Patty S, Design Team

Brandi said...

Love this, I love the colours you chose and that stamp set with the hat is great! Thanks for playing along with Atlantic Hearts Sketch Challenge (AHSC).

Brandi R.
DT member AHSC
crzy4scrapbooking.blogspot.ca

foleysfriend said...

Fabulous take on our sketch. This would also be great for the baseball player in your family. So fun! Thanks for joining us at Atlantic Hearts Sketch Challenge.

sue n.