Saturday, September 17, 2022

Jar of Sunflowers Minus the Jar

Happy Saturday, peeps!  Hope you're all doing well and have something fun planned this weekend!  I have neglected the Jar of Flowers stamp set and wanted to create a card for a customer since she just purchased it!  I thought I would not  use the jar stamp itself, instead just using the image peeking out from behind some pretty DSP:


I used the sketch only from this week's Fusion challenge, as well as the colors from Color Hue:

I stamped the flowers in Saddle Brown Stazon ink so I could watercolor them with reinker inks.  I used Thick Very Vanilla cardstock for the card since it is a little more able to accept watercolor than regular weight cardstock.  I added a few speckles, and a scalloped border using some Crushed Curry Rustic Harvest DSP:


Then finished it off with a little Soft Suede DSP banner and some Linen Thread.  The sentiment is from Quiet Meadow.  You can't see it, but the centers of the flowers have also been accented with Wink of Stella!


Thank you so much for stopping by today!

So I convinced Dana to enter some of her crocheted projects at the fair this last week and we were both thrilled that she won ribbons for all five entries! (Forgive the glare; they exhibit everything under heavy plastic!)  This baby blanket won a first ribbon:


As did this hat and scarf set; don't you love that furry pompom?


This baby blanket won a third:


And so did this fun hat!


She also won a second for a pretty cowl, but I forgot to take a picture of that one!  Enjoy your day and be blessed!

"She selects wool and flax and works with eager hands." Proverbs 31:13
 

Project Details—All Products SU! Unless Otherwise Specified
Stamps Jar of Flowers, Quiet Meadow
Card stock & Papers     Thick Very Vanilla, Rustic Harvest DSP, Soft Suede DSP
 Ink Saddle Brown Stazon, Crushed Curry, Soft Suede, Crumb Cake, Baked Brown Sugar (ret)
Accessories Linen Thread
Tools     Big Shot, Scalloped Contour Dies, Stylish Shapes Dies, Wink of Stella, Aquabrushes

13 comments:

Kampin' Karen said...

This is one of my favorite posts as it has a beautiful card and needlework. Your card is a winner in my book. Can you tell me what stamp set you used for the splatters? The hats remind me of Dana and Cassidy! Have a blessed weekend.

Kampin' Karen said...

It's me again! I just realized you used Quiet Meadow. If I had looked at your chart, I would have known that. You sent me that chart template years ago and I have since lost it in the transfer of things from my old computer! I hate it when that happens!

I Card Everyone said...

Such a gorgeous color combo for Fall, LeAnne - such a gorgeous card using them! LOve that fabulous Rustic Harvest DSP!
=]

Cindy Beach said...

I just love the flowers peeking out from behind the panel, LeAnne! They are beautifully colored in such rich hues. Loved seeing Dana's work, so happy that she won!

Tracy Grauer said...

I love this beautiful card. Jar of Flowers is a great stamp set with or without the jar! I love Dana's handiwork also! Beautiful!

Bonnie said...

I love these bright sunflowers, LeAnne! The little brown banner adds wonderful contrast!

Linda Callahan said...

Loving how you used those sunflowers! Pretty card! And hooray for Dana! Beautiful work!

Lisa Elton said...

What a pretty use of the sketch! Love those sunflowers. Congrats to Dana, she does beautiful work!

Nancy said...

LeAnne, Beautiful use of the colors, stamp, and layout. The scalloped DSP was a great idea. Congrats to Dana as well for all of her ribbons!

Laurie Unger said...

Wonderful take on the sketch! Love those creations fron Dana - awesome job on ribbons won! Thanks for playing over at Fusion.

_chevron2 said...

such a lovely card and great representation of both challenges! I love the detail on the card!

Claire Grantham said...

Go Dana! I love that she got ribbons for all her entries. Gorgeous card, I really love those sunflowers. Good to see you in the gallery LeAnne. Thanks for joining us at The Fusion Card Challenge. Claire DT

Tracey McNeely said...

LeAnne what a lovely card. I love sunflowers and you coloured your beautifully! The scallop border is the perfect addition. Congratulations to Dana for her beautiful designs! Thank you so much for sharing with us at the Color Hues!