Friday, September 30, 2022

IB205 National Coffee Day

Happy Friday, happy last-day-of September, peeps!  Ah, the weekend! Hope you have some fun plans!  My sweet friend Laurel is back with her awesome Inspired By challenge and although I haven't been able to play for the last couple weeks, when I saw the inspiration photo and sketch, I thought I'd throw my hat in the ring!


You can choose either the inspiration, the sketch, or both!  I was intrigued by the color of the bottom cup, so I focused on the colors but I did throw in a wee bit of coffee-inspired stamping, using the retired Merry Cafe again:


I would not normally put these colors together, but after playing with them, I really like them!  The DSP is retired Come to Gather, along with Crumb Cake, Soft Sky and Baked Brown Sugar cardstocks.  Love those little Stylish Shapes circles:




Everything went on a Baked Brown Sugar card base that was embossed with the Stitched With Whimsy die.  Here's the inside (even though the color is way off from my camera!):

Cute way to use these retired products!  Thanks for popping in today!

I've actually been doing a wee bit of crafting lately too, now that summer is over!  I finally finished my redbird sampler cross stitch on linen; this is the first time I have used hand over-dyed floss and it was really pretty, and soft and easy to use:


I even had some scraps of dark red fabric in my stash along with some linen rick-rack to finish it off!  I also made a chunky knitted pumpkin:

I've made these before (in fact, I don't really need any more) but they're fun to do and I've never done one in chunky yarn like this!  

Enjoy your day and be blessed!

"Honor the Lord with your wealth, with the firstfruits of all your crops; then your barns will be filled to overflowing, and your vats will brim over with new wine.  Proverbs 3:9-10

Project Details—All Products SU! Unless Otherwise Specified
Stamps Merry Cafe (ret)
Card stock & Papers     Basic White, Crumb Cake, Baked Brown Sugar (ret), Soft Sky (ret), Come to Gather DSP (ret)
 Ink Baked Brown Sugar (ret), Memento Black
Accessories Dimensionals
Tools     Big Shot, Stitched With Whimsy Dies, Stylish Shapes Dies, Layering Circles Dies, Black Marker

5 comments:

~amy~ said...

LeAnne, love your project, those colors together are beautiful! Thanks for sharing your other crafts too! The pillow is amazing and that pumpkin...sooooo cute!
Thanks for joining us at the Inspired by Challenge!

I Card Everyone said...

I think it's a color match made in Heaven, LeAnne! What a sweet coffee-themed card - you haven't lost your touch with those IB photos my friend!
Your cross-stitching and knitting are phenomenal - is there no end to your talents??
=]

Vicky Hayes said...

What a great interpretation of that sketch and inspo pic LeAnne! Love the warm colours too - your card is like a hug! Wow at your other crafts too, just amazing! I would love to be able to knit more than a one colour square that I have to ask someone to cast off for me!! Vicky x

Anonymous said...

LeAnne this is fantastic! Grest take on the challenges! Thanks for playing at IB

Tracy Grauer said...

Such a nice card. How I miss Baked Brown Sugar. LOL! Your crossstitched pillow is beautiful! And the pumpkin with the chunky yarn...LOVE!