Thursday, September 22, 2022

FMS554 Floral Sympathy

Happy Thursday, peeps!  No one likes making sympathy cards but we do need them occasionally.  A family at church has had their second loss since April, so I needed to start getting some out in the mail.  I recently got a pad of 6x6" paper in beautiful vintage prints and I thought the sketch at FMS would work well with one particular piece.  Here's the sketch for this week:

The papers are called Pen & Ink, by Kaisercraft; here we go:


I simply cut the panels (both from one sheet) with some Stitched Rectangle dies and layered them on a Very Vanilla card on which I had embossed a scalloped border with a really old EF, one of the first SU ever sold!  Here's a different view so you can see the embossing better:


I added a Hero Arts sentiment in Crumb Cake, stamped on a scrap from the same piece, and diecut it with a narrow Stitched Rectangle die, popping it up.  I put a Bible verse on the inside, and it's ready to go!


I wish I had some pictures of Cassidy to show you but she's busy with school and soccer, so I don't get to see her much now!  She is growing up for sure!  Enjoy your day and be blessed, and thanks for popping in today!


Project Details—All Products SU! Unless Otherwise Specified
Stamps CL342 Sentiments (Hero Arts)
Card stock & Papers     Very Vanilla, Pen & Ink DSP (Kaisercraft)
 Ink Crumb Cake
Accessories Genial Gems (ret), Dimensionals
Tools     Big Shot, Stitched Rectangle Dies, Stitched Needlepoint Borders EF (ret)

10 comments:

Kampin' Karen said...

This is truly beautiful, LeAnne. I do love Kaisercraft papers. You are quite correct that this particular pattern lends itself to the design. That scalloped border is the finishing touch. I'm sorry for the family who has to go through grieving when they are probably still fresh from April's loss. They will appreciate your card. Have a blessed day.

Shawn Marie O'Connell said...

This is such a beautiful, peaceful card. LeAnne, you have such talent!! So glad stamping has made us friends!!

Tracy Grauer said...

Beautiful card with that beautiful paper. The sketch worked very well to bring it all together.

I Card Everyone said...

That's a lot to endure, isn't it? Your pretty card will help I'm sure of it, LeAnne. Beautiful papers - you really know how to pick 'em!
=]

Lisa Elton said...

Oh my goodness, losing two so close together. My heart goes out to them. Your card is a beautiful way to express your sympathies.

Bonnie said...

Love this paper and how you've matched them up! The embossed border adds interest while still keeping the design sedate!

Linda Callahan said...

Beautiful papera….and you made a beautiful card with them!

Jen Brum said...

This card is just beautiful LeAnne! I love that paper. The vintage look is perfect for a sympathy card! Thanks for joining us this week at Freshly Made Sketches!

Jacquie Southas said...

Simply lovely! Thanks for playing along with us at FMS this week.

Ilene B. said...

Beautiful card!! I can't believe how much Cassidy has grown!! I have followed your blog since she was a baby!!