Tuesday, September 13, 2022

AHSC490 Leafy Hello

Happy Tuesday, peeps!  I made a quick fall card using the sketch from Atlantic Hearts:
 

I am not feeling very creative lately; this took me three tries to get something I even vaguely liked!  I started with a Crumb Cake mat that I embossed with the Stitched Greenery die, then watercolored with Real Red, Pumpkin Pie, Crushed Curry and Old Olive inks:


I added a few diecut leaves that were embossed with the Subtle embossing folder, and mounted them on a Very Vanilla square, matted with Old Olive and Crumb Cake.  The sentiment is from Forever Fern, and I used a simple bow of embroidery floss to embellish it:


It went on a Real Red card base and I called it done!  Thanks for popping in today!

Dana & Wayne went to Nashville for their anniversary!  


My sister from SC was there as well for a bridal shower; what are the chances in a city of thousands that the two of them would catch up with each other?!


Now everyone is home safe & sound! Enjoy your day and be blessed!

"Because of the Lord's great love we are not consumed, for his compassions never fail.  They are new every morning; great is your faithfulness." Lamentations 3:22-23

Project Details—All Products SU! Unless Otherwise Specified
Stamps Forever Fern
Card stock & Papers     Very Vanilla, Crumb Cake, Old Olive, Pumpkin Pie, Real Red, Crushed Curry
 Ink Old Olive, Pumpkin Pie, Real Red, Crushed Curry
Accessories Dimensionals, Embroidery Floss
Tools     Big Shot, Stylish Shapes Dies, Stitched Greenery Die, Stitched Shapes Dies (ret), Stitched Leaves Dies (ret), Checks & Dots Embossing Folder (ret), Subtle Embossing Folder (ret), Aquapainter

6 comments:

Kampin' Karen said...

I know that slump feeling in creativity! However, I think you rebounded quite well. When Perry and I were at the Magic Kingdom, we ran into our grandson and our daughter's boyfriend. We knew they were at Disney but had no idea where as we hadn't talked! While we were at Busch Gardens we ran into our neighbors and had no idea they were there. When we were walking on the beach in Virginia, we ran into our other neighbors...again, no idea they were there. Your family must have been delighted to have that happen. What a beautiful photo of Nashville at night. Have a blessed day.

I Card Everyone said...

Maybe you are just getting used to all that free time, LeAnne? I don't know what card 1 and 2 look like, but #3 is a keeper - and a sender!
=]

pssmitty papercrafts said...

Love the background you created! Coloring in the leaves was the perfect touch! Thanks for sharing your lovely card with Atlantic Hearts Sketch Challenge.
Patty S, Design Team

Lisa Elton said...

The third time is the charm! I think it turned out great, LeAnne!

Anna said...

What a wonderful card. I really love the kraft background and that you colored in some of the embossed leaves. Very cool. Thank you for joining us this week at the Atlantic Hearts Sketch Challenge and look forward to seeing you again soon!
Anna, AHSC Design Team

Brandi said...

I love this, I love the very subtle embossing folder and the hints of colour on the leaves and the larger leaves around the sentiment, so great! Thanks for playing along with Atlantic Hearts Sketch Challenge (AHSC).

Brandi R.
DT member AHSC
crzy4scrapbooking.blogspot.ca