Tuesday, May 10, 2022

RRCB182

Hello stampers!  Today is a new Retro Rubber challenge, where we show some love to our older stamps!  Here's our theme prompt for this week:


Aren't those blooms pretty?  I don't have many tulip images, but I did have these big Tim Holtz flowers so I thought they'd fit the bill:


I stamped them on Shimmery White cardstock in Stazon Black ink, masking a few of them to give them depth.  I then loosely watercolored them with shades of pink and red.  To get the brick-looking background, I lightly inked up the inside of a brick embossing folder and pressed it gently on the cardstock. 


Finally, I stamped the "hello" from a retired SAB set, fussy-cut it out and mounted it on a stitched banner.  Some matching sequins added some sparkle, and it all went on a Polished Pink card base.


I am also going to enter this at Just Us Girls, since their challenge this week is flowers!  


This card is already out in the mail to a special recipient!  I hope you'll play along with us, and share your spring (or any season) flowers!  Just make sure your stamps are at least a year old and tell us the approximate age!  Splitcoaststampers is a great place to find the age of those older stamps!  Be sure to hop over to the Retro Rubber blog to see ALL the great floral creations made by the DT and share yours too!  Thanks for popping in today.  Enjoy it and be blessed!

Project Details—All Products SU! Unless Otherwise Specified
Stamps Hello (ret, 2016), Flower Garden (Stampers Anonymous 2018)
Card stock & Papers     Shimmery White, Basic White, Polished Pink
 Ink Stazon Black, Polish Pink, Sweet Sorbet, Calypso Coral, Sahara Sand, Pear Pizzazz, Old Olive
Accessories Sequins (Pretty Pink Posh), Dimensionals
Tools     Big Shot, Stylish Shapes Dies, Brick EF (Stampers Anonymous), Aquapainter

10 comments:

Vickie said...

Nicely done my friend….great texture.

Tracy Grauer said...

Watercoloring wonder! Love it! and I love your background technique. So clever and makes such a nice subtle effect.

I Card Everyone said...

Exquisite, LeAnne!!! Just love the pinks with corals! The subtle brick work is fabulous!

You know how much I love tulips! I have purple, red, and yellow tulips from my sweetie - so many they fit in two vases, and I still had enough to share with my MIL!
=]

Heather said...

Oh wow, Le Anne - I LOVE these exuberant blossoms! Your watercoloring is just perfect here - my fave colors, too, lol. Beautiful design!

Lisa Elton said...

Oh my, what a beauty! The subtle background really lets those flowers take center stage. So happy to see this in our Just Us Girls gallery!

Carol L said...

Those pink and red flowers look amazing against the stone wall! I love the splash of brilliant colors with the big hello sentiment - a great card!

Maria Rodriguez. said...

LeAnne, I love the fabulous texture of this brick background, your vibrant blooms shine beautifully with it behind them.
The bold greeting fits perfectly there.
Love the sequences too, they add just the right amount of bling.
Stay healthy and safe.
XO

Joanne James - The Crafty Owl said...

What a fabulous collection of shocking pink blooms - love the watercolour detail too. Not forgetting the subtle brickwork background- just perfect.

Nancy said...

Such a pretty card, Leanne! I am not sure which I like more, the subtle brick background or the watercolored flowers. Love the artsy vibe this card puts out. Thanks for joining us at Just Us Girls and I hope you are doing well.

Lesley's Stampin Trix said...

Super creative LeAnne, your watercolouring is amazing! Great idea to add the brick pattern, simple a beautiful card. Thank you for sharing your talent :) its inspiring!