Monday, May 2, 2022

Five-Minute Christmas Card

Happy Monday, peeps!  Wowza, I have a crazy busy day today so I have a crazy simple card to share...really, it took maybe five minutes!  Well, maybe a wee bit longer, but you'll see why!  I am entering it in the Jingle Belles challenge of Winter Fun as well as the Less Is More challenge of One Layer/Off Center:


So here we go with my uber-simple vintage-style one-layer Christmas notecard:


I actually took my inspiration from Stephanie's second card for the challenge; you can see it here.  I really liked the sepia tones and remembered these (old) CTMH silhouette images and thought they would be cute stamped in a vintage style!!  I stamped the snowman/kids image on a Very Vanilla notecard in Crumb Cake ink, then added an old SU sentiment and some snowflakes from a Paper Pumpkin kit:


I really wanted to add some glitter, but the challenge says NO embellishments, so it's just plain SIP:  stamps, ink and paper!  I added another retired SU sentiment on the inside and it was good to go!  Oh, I did round the corners, I hope that was okay!  Thanks for popping in today!


Is anyone besides me a fan of the British/PBS show Call the Midwife?  WOW....what an ending to last night's episode.  I could barely stand to watch the ending, I just knew there was going to be a big tragedy.  Talk about being on the edge of my seat!  I am hoping for a happy continuation!  I just love that show!  Thanks for indulging me!

I am going to be taking a little bloggy break for a few days, so I'll see you when I return!  Enjoy your day and be blessed! 

Project Details—All Products SU! Unless Otherwise Specified
Stamps Warmth & Wonder (ret), Snow Much Fun (ret), Winter Joy (Close to My Heart, ret), Paper Pumpkin (ret)
Card stock & Papers     Very Vanilla
 Ink Crumb Cake, Soft Suede
Accessories
Tools     Corner Rounder Punch (ret)

7 comments:

Vickie said...

Love this sweet Vintage card…but LeAnne…no fair…ALL stamps are retired…and I want them.

Yes, big CALL THE MIDWIFE….easy…about Spoiler Alert…ha…have one recorded….guess you know Tracie is really pregnant that is why she will be away visiting her Godmother….hope this isn’t a spoiler alert. Guess I should have written that directly to you.

I Card Everyone said...

LOVE your vintage-style Christmas card!
I can't stand to think that the implication of that crow means we're about to lose Sister Julienne! I nearly stopped watching when they took Barbara away from us!
=|

SmilynStef said...

Your sepia homage is fantastic ... so very glad you joined us with some Winter Fun at Jingle Belles.

lauren bergold said...

ohhhhhh that's a beautiful one, i can totally see the inspiration from stephanie's "Ideals" card, and you've pared it down into CAS perfection! (with the dreaded... to me, not you, lol! ...one layer card done really well!!!) so pleased you could join our "Winter Fun" at Jingle Belles!

Lorraine said...

This certainly is a fun winter scene. I love the simplicity of it. Wonderfully done!

perfectly4med said...

Love the vintage effect you have achieved with just plain ol' SIP :)
Thanks for playing along with us in our OLC challenge at Less is More.

Neil

Stephanie Lanzalotto said...

Such a great card, LeAnne. I love the vintage feel. I love the way Stephanie's card inspired you and so glad you played with us at Less Is More!