Friday, May 27, 2022

Be Merry

Happy Friday, peeps!  Just a quick card for two challenges today!  The Color Hues challenge wants red and aqua, which is a favorite of mine, and the Christmas Craft Creations wants only two colors! 



I pulled out a favorite Stamp Market set and here we go:


I looked through my stash of DSP but didn't have any Coastal Cabana gingham, so I made my own plaid with the retired Buffalo Check.  The sentiment, candy cane and bow are from The Stamp Market's Candy Cane Christmas set; they were all stamped and adhered to a Stylish Shapes square diecut and layered with a Real Red scalloped mat.  I also added a little rhinestone for some bling!


An Impression Obsession stamp finished the inside:


I know it's pretty unadorned, but sometimes that's okay!  Thanks for visiting today...enjoy it and be blessed!

"We love because He first loved us." 1 John 4:19
  

Project Details—All Products SU! Unless Otherwise Specified
Stamps Candy Cane Christmas (The Stamp Market), Buffalo Check (ret)
Card stock & Papers     Basic White, Real Red
 Ink Real Red, Coastal Cabana
Accessories Pretty Peacock Rhinestone (ret), Mini Dimensionals
Tools     Big Shot, Stylish Shapes Dies, Layering Squares Dies (ret), Candy Cane Christmas Dies (The Stamp Market)

12 comments:

I Card Everyone said...

Oh yes, there they are my fave Christmas colors just where they should be - on one of your darling cards.
Unadorned is perfect, in my book.
=]

Cindy Beach said...

Just the way I imagined when I chose those colors. Cheery and sweet too, this is a happy and very pretty Christmas card. So glad that you joined us at Color Hues, LeAnne!

Lisa Elton said...

Yes, unadorned is okay! This is super cute!

Tracey McNeely said...

LeAnne this is such a fun Christmas card and I love these colours for Christmas!! Thank you so much for sharing with us at the Color Hues, it was great to see you here!

Bonnie said...

Love these colors for a Christmas card, LeAnne! Love the checks with the candy cane stripes!

Kathy said...

I have always loved those colors for Christmas and your card is so clean and simple.

Nancy said...

LeAnne, This is a darling Christmas candy cane using our colors at Color Hues! Lots of time, less is best! Awesome card! Thanks for joining us! Take care!

Karen said...

Everyone's been commenting what a great color combo this is for Christmas, and yet I've never used it. You've totally convinced me with the great card! Love that giant candy cane, and your layering is wonderful! Thanks for joining us at Color Hues!

Carol L said...

I just LOVE this festive and fun little card! Great use of those colors!

Sheri Gilson said...

What a FUN Christmas card! Love the CAS design! Thank you so much for playing along with us over at the Color Hues Challenge!

Leanne said...

Hello there, what a wonderful card, love the plaid and the candy cane is pretty cool too. Thanks for playing our challenge at Christmas Craft Creations! Happy Crafting!

Leanne DT Member/CCC
Christmas Craft Creations

Helen said...

Great design and colour combination.

Thanks for joining us Christmas Craft Creations.

Helen x
DT