Happy Wednesday! Welcome to the 49th Color Throwdown! We'd love to have you play with us; if you don't have these exact colors, choose something close. Post your creation on your blog, or an online gallery, then come back to the CTD blog and link it to Mr. Linky!
Today Tammy chose these three lovely colors after being inspired by this cool boho top:
I recently saw a post about One-Sheet Wonders (or OSWs) and I thought this would be a cool technique to use for this challenge. I pulled out the brand-new Circle Circus from SU's new catalog, which debuts today! If you like "elements", you'll love this set. Great designs to play with! Anyway, I took a plain sheet of Whisper White and began to randomly stamp my designs in the CTD colors:
I stamped each element all over the cardstock until it was all covered:
Basically, you are making your own designer paper! Don't be afraid to stamp off the edge of the paper! That gives it a look of continuity. Believe me, there was no rhyme or reason to this, I just stamped and stamped!
Then, I gathered some Chocolate Chip, Groovy Guava and Soft Sky cardstock for the card bases and began to cut up my OSW. Some people actually have a template and measure it out....this time, I just cut up pieces as I went along. I was doing this in the wee hours of the morning, so my mind wasn't up to anything too detailed! Anyway, I did manage to get nine cards out of this one sheet:
(There aren't nine shown here--I made doubles of a couple of them!) I just played around with the layouts, using some punches and simple embellishments so as not to detract from the "busyness" of the OSW. Here are some closeups:
This last one is a little 3x3 notecard. All of these cards will be going to Cards for Heroes, something I will be trying to do once a month. So lets see what the other designers did with these colors:
- Broni - Splashes of Watercolor
- Tammy - Stamp Happy
- Cathy - Crafty Thoughts
- Barbara - Paper Pursuits
- Juliana Swanson/July Guest Designer - Stampin' With Inky Fingers
- and Danielle is on vacation this week!
Thanks for visiting---now go stamp something! :D
- Stamps: Circle Circus, Teeny Tiny Wishes, Trendy Trees, Pocket Silhouettes
- Paper: WW, Chocolate Chip, Groovy Guava, Soft Sky
- Ink: Chocolate Chip, Groovy Guava, Soft Sky, Versamark
- Acc: Scallop Punch, Scallop Edge Punch, Tag Punches, Circle Punches, Oval Punches, Designer Label Punch, Word Window Punch, Corner Rounder, Brads, Piercing Tool, Misc Ribbon, Dimensionals, Clear EP, Heat Tool