Edited to add: Well, this is NOT a car, so I changed my title to Boats and Trucks! LOL!
Well, I am off baby things and on to more masculine things! Once again, my masculine birthday card file is seriously depleted, so I thought I should replenish it. The Diva Coffee Break challenge was a color one, and although I think it is supposed to be SU only, I cheated and used an Artistic Outpost set called Home. First, here are the colors:
Love them! Now on to the creation:
I have to tell you, the Bashful Blue threw me off....it just didn't fit in THIS card---in the sample, it looks great, but....I grunged it up with some Sahara Sand ink and you can barely tell it's there! I had no Artichoke taffeta ribbon, so I dyed some Kraft ribbon by running it over my Always Artichoke stamp pad, then drying it with my heat tool. Tada---Artichoke ribbon! This is also for the Rubbernecker Wacky Wednesday challenge, which is to use ovals on our card. I used oval and scalloped oval punches here.
Now on to the boat! I made this a couple days ago for the SCS color challenge, which was Baja Breeze and Ruby Red. I had this image stamped a long time ago when visiting my stampin' buddy Shawn, so I pulled it out and watercolored it quickly:
I love how easy it is to watercolor on Shimmery White cardstock! I am sad that this set is retiring! Thanks for visiting today!
- Car card stamps: Expressive Flexible Phrases, (retired SU), Home, Artistic Outpost
- Paper: Kraft, Bashful Blue, Night of Navy, VV, Patterns DP
- Ink: Always Artichoke, Night of Navy
- Acc: Oval Punch, Oval Scallop Punch, Piercing Tool, Button, Twill, Always Artichoke Marker, Sahara Sand marker, Kraft Taffeta
- Boat card stamps: Boatloads of Love
- Paper: Baja Breeze, Ruby Red, Shimmery White
- Ink: Stazon, Baja Breeze, Ruby Red
- Acc: Grosgrain, Star Punch, brads dimensionals, aquapainter